There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

It's a lot of work

I have been working at Aaron's full-time

Pros

I like the people I work with and the atmosphere is really easy to work with. As a PT, we are out of the store quite a bit, so every day is pretty different and interesting. There is paid holidays too, so that's kind of cool.

Cons

Being a PT, sometimes things get too interesting. Delivering to people's houses can be a pretty terrible experience sometimes. More than once I've encountered incredibly messy homes that are terribly hard to move furniture or appliances through. Also, some people's houses smell so bad that it's hard to stomach. The pay for PTs isn't that great in the beginning, so it's challenging to value my time so low when I'm really putting myself out there to do my job.

Another issue that I've encountered, and this might just be store based, but there is a huge lack of organization. As a PT, we are the last line of people who deal with the customers. Everyone else's mistakes along the process of getting merchandise to customers falls upon the PT. If another employee doesn't do their job, it falls back on us. Basically, I expect 3-4 customers a week to be unhappy when they receive merchandise because of dishonesty or just being too lazy to make sure what you're selling in the warehouse is in the condition the customer expects.

Sometimes scheduling causes issues. PTs don't schedule the stops in the day, so the other employees who aren't familiar with the area may schedule stops that are all over the place. In the end, we end up working late pretty often, when we shouldn't be. It's just bad communication.

Keep employees organized. Communication should be at the top of the priority list. Organization should be improved though. Nothing like going to a service call and all you know is that "dryer is making noise". A little specificity can go a really long way.

323 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities

Former Employee - Divisional Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed working with most of the people on my team.

Cons

Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have been, or much you have contributed in the past; if they think it's your time to go for whatever reason, they will keep digging until they find a way to fire you. Since Ron Allen became the new CEO, the company has shifted towards a downward spiral. I know plenty of good people (many in management or director level) who have spent many years at this company only to be let go for absolutely trivial reasons in the last 6 months alone. Don't be fooled by their new corporate "culture" campaign. It is all a facade!

Aarons salaries are also significantly lower than industry average. I would only apply here if you were desperate, and looking for a short term opportunity especially if you are looking for a place to grow your career.

What management?

Aarons wil take you as far as you are willing to go!!!!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Alcoa, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are way better now then when I started 9 years ago. Traning when i statred was almost 0, but now all you need is the will and you can learn anything in this company. Any one who says they are being held back by training or other employees are only holding themselves back. Pay across the board in store is the best I have seen. Along with several bonuses that can be attained. Anyone can be a GM and up. Company promotes off of performance not tenure, which tends to make people who dont perfom upset. Overall this sky is the limit but dont expect to come and try to coast definatly not the job for you.

Cons

Wish it was eaiser to terminate problem employees, although I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Follow in the steps of Ken Butler.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!