Aaron's
www.aarons.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

It's a lot of work

ProsI like the people I work with and the atmosphere is really easy to work with. As a PT, we are out of the store quite a bit, so every day is pretty different and interesting. There is paid holidays too, so that's kind of cool.

ConsBeing a PT, sometimes things get too interesting. Delivering to people's houses can be a pretty terrible experience sometimes. More than once I've encountered incredibly messy homes that are terribly hard to move furniture or appliances through. Also, some people's houses smell so bad that it's hard to stomach. The pay for PTs isn't that great in the beginning, so it's challenging to value my time so low when I'm really putting myself out there to do my job.

Another issue that I've encountered, and this might just be store based, but there is a huge lack of organization. As a PT, we are the last line of people who deal with the customers. Everyone else's mistakes along the process of getting merchandise to customers falls upon the PT. If another employee doesn't do their job, it falls back on us. Basically, I expect 3-4 customers a week to be unhappy when they receive merchandise because of dishonesty or just being too lazy to make sure what you're selling in the warehouse is in the condition the customer expects.

Sometimes scheduling causes issues. PTs don't schedule the stops in the day, so the other employees who aren't familiar with the area may schedule stops that are all over the place. In the end, we end up working late pretty often, when we shouldn't be. It's just bad communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees organized. Communication should be at the top of the priority list. Organization should be improved though. Nothing like going to a service call and all you know is that "dryer is making noise". A little specificity can go a really long way.

Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities

Divisional Staff (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros: The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed… Cons: Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have… Advice to Senior Management: What management? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Allot of work very Little pay.

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros: At least 45 hours a week, vacation's pretty good, district… Cons: Hour's are horrible, most Gm's are not as friendlyas they should be and treat the customer's badly. Pay isn't very good for what you… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more money to start you expect allot but pay so little. From PT,MT, SM , and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aaron's.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!

Aaron's – Why Work for Us?

Aaron's is the leader in sales to lease ownership and specialty retailing of all furniture, consumer electronics, appliances, computers and much more. We strive to make a difference in the communities we serve and in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aaron's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aaron's CEO Ronald W. Allen. All reviews posted anonymously by Aaron's employees.