There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Not enough pay for job duty!

Current Employee - Product Technician  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Product Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Paid sick time. Paid holidays. Always getting 40 hours.

Cons

Constantly working after scheduled time. Managers not caring enough about their employees time. Having to work late hours in the week, then going in on a Saturday to open and leave after only a few hours of working because it's "overtime," and that's one thing that Aaron's don't like to pay. Not recieving incentives that we are offered. Always having bonuses put far out and beyond employees reach. Promotions are far, few, and beyond reach of the "average" employee. The less you're doing for the company, the more you get noticed. They never notice employees who give 110 percent. Notice how all the 5-star ratings are from higher paid employees?

Managers need to be more organized, they don't schedule things in a timely manor. Treat all employees the same, and respect them all.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Allot of work very Little pay.

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

At least 45 hours a week, vacation's pretty good, district managers very good.

Cons

Hour's are horrible, most Gm's are not as friendlyas they should be and treat the customer's badly. Pay isn't very good for what you need to do turn over all the time. I wonder why. You will have no personal life. There is allot of Integrity issues at the store level and with certain customers.

Pay more money to start you expect allot but pay so little. From PT,MT, SM , and the CAM. Keep locations fully staffed so everyone can do there job properly. More in store programs and reward programs.

It's a lot of work

I have been working at Aaron's full-time

Pros

I like the people I work with and the atmosphere is really easy to work with. As a PT, we are out of the store quite a bit, so every day is pretty different and interesting. There is paid holidays too, so that's kind of cool.

Cons

Being a PT, sometimes things get too interesting. Delivering to people's houses can be a pretty terrible experience sometimes. More than once I've encountered incredibly messy homes that are terribly hard to move furniture or appliances through. Also, some people's houses smell so bad that it's hard to stomach. The pay for PTs isn't that great in the beginning, so it's challenging to value my time so low when I'm really putting myself out there to do my job.

Another issue that I've encountered, and this might just be store based, but there is a huge lack of organization. As a PT, we are the last line of people who deal with the customers. Everyone else's mistakes along the process of getting merchandise to customers falls upon the PT. If another employee doesn't do their job, it falls back on us. Basically, I expect 3-4 customers a week to be unhappy when they receive merchandise because of dishonesty or just being too lazy to make sure what you're selling in the warehouse is in the condition the customer expects.

Sometimes scheduling causes issues. PTs don't schedule the stops in the day, so the other employees who aren't familiar with the area may schedule stops that are all over the place. In the end, we end up working late pretty often, when we shouldn't be. It's just bad communication.

Keep employees organized. Communication should be at the top of the priority list. Organization should be improved though. Nothing like going to a service call and all you know is that "dryer is making noise". A little specificity can go a really long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!