There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

My time with the company has been rewarding and informative.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Aarons does offer those who strive and work hard the availabilty to grow with in the company. The benefits are very good for me and my family. The pay is competitive with other positions of like manner. I am thankful for the opportunity to grow and learn with in this organizantion. We are definately moving in a better direction.

Cons

I feel that the training has not been the most adaquate in the past. Some days the stress level can be high and tiring.

continue to seek out ways to make aarons the best place to have a career.

323 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Work for Aarons Corporate and not a Franchise !!!

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Corporate is wonderful about listening to your ideas and helping you with problems that you are having. Gives support and ideas for you to try which will help you succeed.
    Corporate gives you free reign on how to promote your store, Franchise does not.

Cons

Franchise stores have Aarons rules and then there is their rules. Franchise stores mostly go by what Aarons wants but then again they have their own way of doing things as well. We were never on the same page as everyone else. Always behind in being notified of changes, then when down to the crunch, franchise principal and Regional Manager wanted it done yesterdeay.
    Aarons Corp stores work with you on problem employees, numbers, profit and loss to where a franchise store does not.
    I worked for a franchise and will never do again.
    Hours were crazy with no time for family or personal life.

take a good hard look at some of the franchise stores out there. Dig deep into how they are treating their employees and what they stand for. Your just a number to them, not a long term employee. I would still be there if I had the opportunity to fire the ones that were not performing their jobs, instead i got fired for not producing numbers as requested. Also, check your franchise stores for knowledge on the FMLA law. The one i worked for had no idea what, when or even how FMLA worked.

A place where deception and lies dictate reality

Current Employee - General Manager  in  West Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in West Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good at GM level but starve to get there. Benefits

Cons

I was told I wasn't allowed a day off if I wanted to be successful. You don't work Sundays but you work 80 hours a week. Middle management and VP level are evil. They constantly threaten your job and make life pure hell. I spent years trying to make my career with this unrelenting company as successful as possible. However, it was impossible to be good enough. You have to be an in person to promote. On manager grew well but could make a profit to save his life and was promoted to RM where he was less than honest and systimatically fired and replaced every person not one of his yes men. I was profitable in a store that never made a profit and grew without fail and was told constantly I was going to be fired if I didn't love and support my RM and cover his butt when questions were asked. I refused to be unethical until I finally had a choice of family being supported or make a choice to follow my RM. Thus I was fired. I certainly hope you think twu ce about a company where average tenure is 3 years. The philosophy is constantly replace people because it keeps us fresh. So if your thinking Aarons as a career run as fast as you can away and never come back. You'll be asked to treat customers bad and associates worse. GOOD LUCK!

Offer help not yell and belittle your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!