There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities

Former Employee - Divisional Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed working with most of the people on my team.

Cons

Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have been, or much you have contributed in the past; if they think it's your time to go for whatever reason, they will keep digging until they find a way to fire you. Since Ron Allen became the new CEO, the company has shifted towards a downward spiral. I know plenty of good people (many in management or director level) who have spent many years at this company only to be let go for absolutely trivial reasons in the last 6 months alone. Don't be fooled by their new corporate "culture" campaign. It is all a facade!

Aarons salaries are also significantly lower than industry average. I would only apply here if you were desperate, and looking for a short term opportunity especially if you are looking for a place to grow your career.

What management?

325 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Aarons wil take you as far as you are willing to go!!!!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Alcoa, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are way better now then when I started 9 years ago. Traning when i statred was almost 0, but now all you need is the will and you can learn anything in this company. Any one who says they are being held back by training or other employees are only holding themselves back. Pay across the board in store is the best I have seen. Along with several bonuses that can be attained. Anyone can be a GM and up. Company promotes off of performance not tenure, which tends to make people who dont perfom upset. Overall this sky is the limit but dont expect to come and try to coast definatly not the job for you.

Cons

Wish it was eaiser to terminate problem employees, although I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Follow in the steps of Ken Butler.

The math does not add up.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Offer good pay and benefits.

Cons

Treat employees and customers very poorly. Will require to breach Federal Trade Commission laws among other laws and moral issues.

Clean it up. Hire an actual HR department please. There are reasons that you are being sued for millions constantly. Look in the mirror and correct the issues please. The old Aaron's Rents did not operate in such an obscene manner when it began. I actually remember this.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!