Aaron's

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

i get a good work out

Current Employee - Product Technician in Marietta, GA
Current Employee - Product Technician in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get a good work out and seeing satifaction on a custumers faces is always a warm feeing

Cons

not enough pay for what is required for this job and the fact you can really get hurt

its always a team effort

376 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

It's like an inside-out sour patch kid. First they're sweet, then they're sour.

Former Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My bosses and all the staff that worked for me.

Cons

Oh let's see, where to start...

Summary of my accomplishments at Aaron's (you have to read to understand the CON:

I was hired in as a SM - won some awards, within 3 months was promoted to CAM - won more awards. After 6 months with the company I was promoted to GM which I was told was uncommon for someone who isn't a "fast tracker". Like most people who get promoted to GM, your first store will likely be an underperforming store. I knew with my work ethic, competitiveness, and willingness to be the best that I would be able to handle it, no problem. The store was underperforming like nothing I've ever seen but I enjoy a challenge. Within 1 month and I repeat within 1 month my staff and I turned it around. We grew the store the largest that it had ever been (while i was there) and in the month of July (which is suppose to be one of the tougher months) my store was ranked I believe 3 or 4 in the entire company. I'm not just talking in my category they rank you in, I'm talking about out of every store in the entire company.

Within 8 or 9 months I was offered another store that was closer to my family. It was of course under performing and would later go on to be a bottom store, but I wanted to move. Once again within 1 month and ill say it again, 1 month, my staff and I were more successful than that store had been all year long.

Next within 2 months another opportunity came up for me to run the largest store in our region. This store was bleeding (going backwards) bad and fast, it was going to take some serious work to fix this monster. Now I was already working 70+ hours a week, but the money was going to be good so I went for it. This time it didn't take me a month to fix, it took me a month and a half and that's only because I started in the middle of the month. This store was on the up and up and we were going places BUT here's where it gets good...

After about 6 months at the large store I had an altercation with a customer. She fabricated some lies about me and said I forced my way into her apartment. Well never had been in this situation before I immediately contact my regional manager and explained everything to him. In return he relayed everything to the divisional Vice President. After about 6 hours of talking in a closed office, they both agreed that I wasn't lying nor did I do what I was accused of.

Well the next step is to forward all information to the legal department and they are suppose to decide if they would back me or if I was on my own. Needless to say they did not back me, they actually wanted to fire me. My regional manager said that wasn't going to happen so they came to the conclusion that they would change my status to "leave of absence" which also means I can't get unemployment benefits. I didn't find this out till after I was denied my claim.

So I later came to find out that since companies like these have been sued so many times its just easier for them to get rid of an associate rather than fight for them. No matter how great you are at any job, you should never work for a company that won't work for you. The funny thing is that one of Aaron's new slogans is "building relationships one customer, and one associate at a time". That couldn't be farther from the truth in this situation. Would I recommend working for this company? That's for you to decide.

If you doubt my performance then check the numbers because they don't lie :) .My intent here isn't to bash the company, I'm telling my story so hopefully in the future something like this won't happen to anyone else.

Thanks

Take care of the people who take care of you. Loyalty is big in this day and age, you either got it or you don't. What goes around comes around ;)

My time with the company has been rewarding and informative.

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Aarons does offer those who strive and work hard the availabilty to grow with in the company. The benefits are very good for me and my family. The pay is competitive with other positions of like manner. I am thankful for the opportunity to grow and learn with in this organizantion. We are definately moving in a better direction.

Cons

I feel that the training has not been the most adaquate in the past. Some days the stress level can be high and tiring.

continue to seek out ways to make aarons the best place to have a career.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's