There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Management from a chair

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington Court House, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington Court House, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, ok pay, employee purchase options.

Cons

No work/life balance! You basically work all the daylight hours! Not a good place to work if you have a family! Store manager works from their chair and does not want to get up to do anything and does not follow policies. The male employees do as they please while the others are told to do everything that the store manager doesn't want to do, even when it is their job. The customers are very rude and most of them only want to deal with the store manager as they won't be made to pay their late fee. For every one good thing there is 10 bad things.

Stop being afraid of unemployment and start firing people who need to be fired! I get so tired of doing someone else's job because they are either not there or don't want to do it and they never get in trouble for it or fired because aarons is afraid of unemployment. The store manager should follow ALL policies! Start caring about your employees.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Wow where do I Begin?

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I used to love getting up in the morning to go and work for this company. If you have a good GM you couldn't ask for a better job to have. Wonderful Benefits from health insurance to 401K to short/long term disability plans and life insurance. I have been working for Aaron's for 6 years now. Used to feel appreciated and important and now....

Cons

There are so many cons to this company. Let's start with the BUGS.... GROSS you are stuck cleaning out appliances that are trashed by customers. That is if you are dedicated enough to help out your product techs and actually do your job. Then, you are dealing with the less than average intelligent people of the world who just happen to be our customers, which really wouldn't be so bad if they didn't hold your lively-hood in their hands. If they don't pay you- job is on the line NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK! If they don't BUY it- job is on the line. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MARKET, )SEND FLYERS, MAKE CALLS, BEG, PLEAD. This is all the while you are cleaning the appliances, merchandising the showroom, cleaning the showroom, servicing the endless supply of Tvs, appliances, computers that the customer either doesn't understand how to use, or breaks.(while not paying their bill and you give them another to use. And more. Endless hours of calls, field visits, long weeks and you get a measly few hours at home on Sundays. You can forget about having a full weekend off at this place. Unless of course you are a GM and then you get to go home early on Saturday after working a 60 +++ hour week.

Job security? What's that? We have lost 20 GM's in our tiny area in less than a month. One complaint by a customer or employee to HR and you are history with no investigation or proof. No matter how long you have been working there.

Charlie Loudermilk and Ken Butler retired and Aaron's went to hell in a hand basket. Time to get out before I am consumed right along with them.

Bring back your managers who have built the foundations for this company. Go back to the basics as you tell us to do with our customers by thanking them for their business. How about thanking you're employees for being there and giving our heart and soul every day. Instead of letting those slackers control the decisions being made. Some of the GMs that have lost their jobs were acting on the best interests for the Store, trying to make it better by getting those people who are just collecting a check out of the way. Try going back to understanding that not every day is a big sale day and we can just do a "free til special and get business" and still collect revenue. If you offer "free" to our type of customer and then tell us to "get the money" no customer of ours in gonna pay when they can get it free. Oh and then remember we are a sales to lease, not Walmart, Black Friday will never be a big deal for us.

Aarons Sucks

Current Employee - Manager Trainee
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people I work with are real good people and what keeps me their.

Cons

Over worked, unrealistic goals to make managers their bonuses raises etc, no social life ( They want all your prime time), low pay for whats expected of you, almost everyone besides 2 people enjoy it and the rest of us are currently looking for other employment. I've never really hated a job they are what they are but this one is the worst one I've worked at.

Appreciate your associates and try doing a week of a PT's , CSR's , or Mt's position so you understand the work we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!