There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Hard work, but good compensation.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Semi-regular schedule, paid holidays off, and benefits. Raises are available, as is moving up in the company if you wish. Fun people to work with. It greatly depends on how your GM runs the store, if you will enjoy your job. Mine is pretty good.

Cons

Cleaning returned merchandise! Yuck! Some customers are not pleasant, but you will have that in customer service.

Listen to your GM's. Some policies are redundant, they waste employees' time that could be better spent doing something else.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

It's a company in transition from private ownership to more of a corporate culture

Former Employee - Regional Customer Accounts Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Customer Accounts Manager

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I had some measure of autonomy for a corporate job. They try to get you to do everything a certain way but do give you some measure of freedom to do what works for you as long as your numbers are in line with company standards

Cons

Pay for non-GM positions is horrible. Average around 30K for an accounts manager or sales manager position which are basically assistant managers. The bonus structure which was liberal and made working there somewhat worthwhile has changed making it much more difficult to make over the $10-$12 hourly they want to pay you. Very little upward mobility at the GM or multi unit manager levels so getting to the 50k or beyond level is very difficult.

Pay your people better or open more stores creating more opportunities for workers who have long been loyal but are not getting paid near what they are worth. Accounts department personnel especially have a tough, stress-filled job and do not currently get paid commensurate with the level of stress they deal with on a daily basis. Up the ante or scale back the company goals to hit bonuses.

Wow where do I Begin?

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I used to love getting up in the morning to go and work for this company. If you have a good GM you couldn't ask for a better job to have. Wonderful Benefits from health insurance to 401K to short/long term disability plans and life insurance. I have been working for Aaron's for 6 years now. Used to feel appreciated and important and now....

Cons

There are so many cons to this company. Let's start with the BUGS.... GROSS you are stuck cleaning out appliances that are trashed by customers. That is if you are dedicated enough to help out your product techs and actually do your job. Then, you are dealing with the less than average intelligent people of the world who just happen to be our customers, which really wouldn't be so bad if they didn't hold your lively-hood in their hands. If they don't pay you- job is on the line NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK! If they don't BUY it- job is on the line. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MARKET, )SEND FLYERS, MAKE CALLS, BEG, PLEAD. This is all the while you are cleaning the appliances, merchandising the showroom, cleaning the showroom, servicing the endless supply of Tvs, appliances, computers that the customer either doesn't understand how to use, or breaks.(while not paying their bill and you give them another to use. And more. Endless hours of calls, field visits, long weeks and you get a measly few hours at home on Sundays. You can forget about having a full weekend off at this place. Unless of course you are a GM and then you get to go home early on Saturday after working a 60 +++ hour week.

Job security? What's that? We have lost 20 GM's in our tiny area in less than a month. One complaint by a customer or employee to HR and you are history with no investigation or proof. No matter how long you have been working there.

Charlie Loudermilk and Ken Butler retired and Aaron's went to hell in a hand basket. Time to get out before I am consumed right along with them.

Bring back your managers who have built the foundations for this company. Go back to the basics as you tell us to do with our customers by thanking them for their business. How about thanking you're employees for being there and giving our heart and soul every day. Instead of letting those slackers control the decisions being made. Some of the GMs that have lost their jobs were acting on the best interests for the Store, trying to make it better by getting those people who are just collecting a check out of the way. Try going back to understanding that not every day is a big sale day and we can just do a "free til special and get business" and still collect revenue. If you offer "free" to our type of customer and then tell us to "get the money" no customer of ours in gonna pay when they can get it free. Oh and then remember we are a sales to lease, not Walmart, Black Friday will never be a big deal for us.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's