Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Valparaiso, IN
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours , Sundays off , easier to sell than the competition.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals , Store internal and regional competitiveness cause politics and are counterproductive. If you do meet a sales goal with an awesome never again to be met again result it will be your set goal for the future. Expectations are ridiculous here. When you do have a sale management and collections will often turn it down for you, to call the customer a day later and take the credit. I could go on and on , stay away.

Advice to Management

Set realistic sales goals , stop losing good sales people by using a reward system and not raising pressure till breaking point. Its a throw away try some one new mentality.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. PT

Current Employee - Product Technician in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Product Technician in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a job that pays enough to pay the bills.

Cons

everything else lifting heavy merchandise, having 3 different bosses with different objectives and retail hours so you are there the whole day every day.

2. Wow where do I Begin?

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I used to love getting up in the morning to go and work for this company. If you have a good GM you couldn't ask for a better job to have. Wonderful Benefits from health insurance to 401K to short/long term disability plans and life insurance. I have been working for Aaron's for 6 years now. Used to feel appreciated and important and now....

Cons

There are so many cons to this company. Let's start with the BUGS.... GROSS you are stuck cleaning out appliances that are trashed by customers. That is if you are dedicated enough to help out your product techs and actually do your job. Then, you are dealing with the less than average intelligent people of the world who just happen to be our customers, which really wouldn't be so bad if they didn't hold your lively-hood in their hands. If they don't pay you- job is on the line NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK! If they don't BUY it- job is on the line. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MARKET, )SEND FLYERS, MAKE CALLS, BEG, PLEAD. This is all the while you are cleaning the appliances, merchandising the showroom, cleaning the showroom, servicing the endless supply of Tvs, appliances, computers that the customer either doesn't understand how to use, or breaks.(while not paying their bill and you give them another to use. And more. Endless hours of calls, field visits, long weeks and you get a measly few hours at home on Sundays. You can forget about having a full weekend off at this place. Unless of course you are a GM and then you get to go home early on Saturday after working a 60 +++ hour week. Job security? What's that? We have lost 20 GM's in our tiny area in less than a month. One complaint by a customer or employee to HR and you are history with no investigation or proof. No matter how long you have been working there. Charlie Loudermilk and Ken Butler retired and Aaron's went to hell in a hand basket. Time to get out before I am consumed right along with them.

Advice to Management

Bring back your managers who have built the foundations for this company. Go back to the basics as you tell us to do with our customers by thanking them for their business. How about thanking you're employees for being there and giving our heart and soul every day. Instead of letting those slackers control the decisions being made. Some of the GMs that have lost their jobs were acting on the best interests for the Store, trying to make it better by getting those people who are just collecting a check out of the way. Try going back to understanding that not every day is a big sale day and we can just do a "free til special and get business" and still collect revenue. If you offer "free" to our type of customer and then tell us to "get the money" no customer of ours in gonna pay when they can get it free. Oh and then remember we are a sales to lease, not Walmart, Black Friday will never be a big deal for us.