Horrible place to be employed at

Former Employee - Product Technician
Former Employee - Product Technician

I worked at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

sundays off, meeting new people

Cons

Horrible management, no family time,long hours

Other Reviews for Aaron's

Discriminating Unprofessional Unethical

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Aarons provided me and my family with stability for 6 years. Its gave me an opportunity to advance with in a small amount time.

Cons

Aarons became horrible when my regional hired his childhood friend to work in my store. For 9 months of his employment I was tormented, called names and cussed out. He would text me crazy messages and would contact me after I was already at home. When I filed a complaint there was no investigation done and I was left with out being asked to come back to work. There were other instances where other Gm's were complained on and they were being sent home for 3 days while they were being investigated. Aarons did not follow its own policies when it came to my situation and instead told me I was lying. The VP then had a secret meeting with the Regional and the regionals friend via telephone on instructing the associate what and what not to say to other associates. My regional was telling his buddy MY job security details and when he would be firing me. Of course the HR person who contacted me basically denied that was going on. I have a statement from EVERY employee who told me he was going around telling them what his buddy(The Regional) had planned for me. Since I have diabetes the stress I was under caused my blood sugars to be extremely off and I would begin to have blurry vision and was at the point where I was extremely fatigued and at the point of passing out or even worse, dying on the job. The VP and the Regional conducted themselves in an Extreme unprofessional manner and the discrimination, the name calling, the cursing out and disclosing my job status to an employee is ILLEGAL!!

You should always follow through on complaints that are made instead of brushing certain ones under the rug and following through with others. And most of Valuing an employee who dedicated his prime for the company. I believe that Ron Allen wanted the NEW Aarons experience to be "Personal" These 3 gentlemen took "personal" to a whole new level! Watch out for the lawsuit!

I got my life back

Current Employee - Art Director  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Art Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Recession proof, due to the fact Aaron's prey's on the credit challenged. More than 3 times cost new!

Cons

Company is in a total transitional stage perhaps for the next 2-5 years.
    Corporate identity loss, when from good olde boys hands into suits.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's.

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!