There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

This is a people business for people who are competitive and want to succeed.

Current Employee - Franchise Field Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Franchise Field Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay absolutely matches effort and ability. We are encouraged to treat all associates and customers with the utmost respect. Competitive atmosphere makes working here fun and exciting. I love the new vacation policy.

Cons

None. I really don't have anything that I don't like.

Keep doing what you're doing!

342 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

By far the worst job I've had.

Former Employee - Product Technician in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Product Technician in Akron, OH

I worked at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were benefits. That's all. You might get lucky and meet somebody worth while there.

Cons

The pay was terrible. 9 dollars an hour plus a dollar a stop. I was a Product Technician who moved furniture and appliances all day. The dollar a stop incentive is a joke. That means they pay you a dollar for dropping off a laptop and a dollar for moving a living room, fridge, range, bedroom and TV into one house. The incentive isn't worth it. You MIGHT make an extra 50 bucks a month. My paychecks were 275 a week. The only person in the entire store who gets paid fairly is the general manager. Even then, 50k for what they put up isn't really worth it.

My region was terribly run. Our regional manager simply hires current employees into the GM spot based on their numbers as other positions. If you're an awesome customer accounts manager, you'd get hired to be a GM with ZERO managing experience. It leads to micromanaging and TERRIBLE turn over for general managers.

I was moved 3 times in the 7 months I worked with them. I was driving a half hour to work every day for 9 dollars an hour. The raise was a simple 25 cent raise. Our regional manager gave everyone a 25 cent raise. Working harder doesn't pay off.

You will do other peoples job. As a PT you're basically expected to deliver and help out. Management makes you stage all your deliveries and doesn't understand how much work you actually do.

There aren't opportunities within Aaron's. The only single one is becoming a GM. Other than that, moving from PT to any other position only will MAYBE get you a buck more an hour. It's not worth it.

The hours were trash. One day I'd work 12-9 and another I'd be working 9-8. Typically, I'd only work 4 hours on Saturday.

As far as cultures and values, it's really a joke. Every day I expected sending out broken furniture and appliances. I've been told numerous times to hide a giant dent in appliances when delivering. All of the PTs have been told to do this at least once. Management doesn't understand that we deliver to people. Delivering broken things means that a PT has to put it in then go back and take it out and put something else back in.

Expect to work harder than smarter. Nothing is done right. Everyone is concerned about short term monthly numbers. Most of the times, returns are from simply screwing over the customer with broken or wrong merchandise. Sales staff never checks things over before they sell them. They also stock the floor with broken things and sell them to people. The quality of furniture at Aaron's is terrible, especially pre-leased. Expect merchandise rigged to look nice at delivery, but not to last. We sent out broken things to customers houses daily.

Nothing, they won't listen anyways. The PT rodeo was a joke. Our regionals sit there and listen to us, nod their head, agree with us, and NOTHING changes. Not a single thing. It took my regional over a month, almost two months, to fire my GM who would sleep on the job every day. He eventually got caught stealing merchandise and was terminated. Long story short, they kept him because of his personal life situation. It's unprofessional but unsurprising.

Be prepared to work too many hours...

Current Employee - General Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is okay, but not exactly great either. However, I work for a franchisee and I understand that corporate locations pay better. I'm not sure about the amount of hours they work.

Cons

The amount of hours you work as a General Manager is ridiculous. I average 60 hours a week. My immediate supervisor has no patience and terrible at training.

To have less turnover with GM's you might want to make the hours more tolerable, meaning closer to 45-50.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's