Aaron's

www.aarons.com
  www.aarons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Fast Paced and not great on home life

Current Employee - Manager in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced makes the day go by fast

Cons

Heavy lifting and on your feet all day!

Stick to your word

355 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Move on up or Leave

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Waipahu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Waipahu, HI

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's work, always get Sunday off

Cons

bad pay (highest position I've ever held and was paid the least I'd ever made ever), very conflicting resources, no real support from management, unethical practices, no ability for work/life balance.

Wonderful, If Your Store Has Good People

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Eight Mile, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Eight Mile, AL

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When my Birthday came around, Aaron's actually mailed me a birthday card. When I was getting sexually harassed by a co-worker in a higher position, they removed him immediately. If you like working or being around people like me, this job is a joy. I love how if there is a question, the company and managers always have answers. If you work hard and give it your best, the company will recognise that and give you acknowledgement and credit for your hard work. The furniture is beautiful there, and I enjoy letting my creativity out in designing the bedroom and livingroom sets on display. Their medical plan is one of the bests I have ever seen too, a real blessing since you are always busy at Aarons. If you have good instincts, do NOT be afraid to tell your manager what you think. 9 out of 10 times, your manager will listen and keep a sharp eye out during the process and maybe spare everyone there some hassle.

Cons

Time. You will not have a life outside work, and you will see your co-workers more than your spouse/family. Your days off are spread out through the work week, and a consecutive two days off just won't ever happen. While working at Aaron's, you can not buy furniture there for half a year. Your accountants people may tick off customers that you will have to deal with and try to smooth feathers down on that department. Customers will try to cheat you, lie to you, give false information, or bully you. If you aren't a strong individual, both inside and out, I wouldn't give Aaron's a go. A wonderful company, but you deal with some hard cases on a regular basis.
    Sometimes you don't get paid what you are supposed to be getting paid. I keep a detailed record of my hours and my sales, and in the last two months, my checks have not equaled what I should have, even after imputing federal tax, state tax, etc. When you work this hard and your checks are balancing out, that's a real problem.

Try and keep your Accountant/Call Center from pissing customers off. There is nothing worse than having a customer come in mad as all get out because of the calls. Trust people on your sales floor. They see more of the people who come to your store than you will, and trust them when they say someone seems like a bad apple. Last but not least, look out for your sales people. They have THE hardest job in the store, and they are the life blood of your store. They are the face the customer will remember, and if you treat your sales people badly, your store will feel it.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's