There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Job for a peoples person

I have been working at Aaron's

Pros

Travel, Meeting new people,helping people get the things that they wanted but could not afford to buy outright.

Cons

heavy lifting, some irate customers at times.

Advice to Management

listen to the employees concerns, happy employees get better results, and a more productive store.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. aarons

Current Employee - Product Technician in Adrian, MI
    Current Employee - Product Technician in Adrian, MI

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work, paid holidays, vacation time, insurance.

Cons

They pay above min. wage but not much. growth is slow, management seems powerless always needing someone with a higher code for somthing.

Advice to Management

empower your managers. pay us more. lose the race car and give us all a raise

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic

Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in New London, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in New London, CT

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a military Veteran, I took advantage of the time that I had after receiving an honorable discharge to find a company that fit my personality, work-ethic, and career goals. SEI/Aaron's is, in my opinion, as close to perfect one could ask for. The opportunity for advancement is not just an empty-promise listed on the job listings to reel prospective associates in to apply for employment, the opportunity is truly there, and is almost entirely up to the individual how quickly he/she is "advanced up the ranks". I have worked 100+% since day one as a, genuinely, valued associate, and the possibility for advancement became a reality quite quickly. The hierarchy, if you will, with SEI/Aaron's is quite simple, and is not extensive; which leads to frequent interaction with individuals that can assist you in learning the "Aaron's Way".
         The first company value at SEI/Aaron's is "a reputation of quality, integrity and responsibility". This is without-a-doubt the total truth about this company. Another value I feel is important to bring up in writing a review about SEI/Aaron's is the third value: "development of an outstanding leadership team". The associates and upper-management at SEI/Aaron's that I have had the opportunity to work with are sincerely dedicated to this value, and if one capitalizes on the information provided, advancement should not be an issue-whatsoever.

Cons

Honestly, trying to find anything as a "Con" for this company is quite difficult. I suppose if I was forced to list at least one con for this company it would have to do with the frequency of management change. This being a con simply because I am forcing myself to list a con. To argue my own con, though, management is only changed for the benefit of the company, and the associates affected by the management. If a manager is not successful, then he/she is replaced with another manager with the plan of improving the store operation; which, in hindsight, could be viewed as a pro as well.