There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great employees in most areas
- Name brand products
- Getting to help decent, hardworking people (not all are decent OR hardworking)
- Closed every Sunday and some major holidays

Cons

- Management, management, management
- Customers can become ignorant even when you're trying to help
- Little to no work/life balance (50+ hours per week, not uncommon to work 10-12 hours every day)

Realize that the world is changing and employees expect more out of a company than just a paycheck these days. Happy employees need balance and the environment on the store level doesn't allow for much of that...

341 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

OK, until the bosses friend decides they want your job

Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

40 hours a week in this horrible economy

Cons

Huge buddy system (more like quid pro quo), no accountability, no integrity, petty and back stabbing. In 2 years I have had 5 death threats from customers and countless instances of them attempting physical force, saying they're going to follow me home after work and kill me, etc. Management's response? "You need to understand that you're not the only bill collector trying to get money from them." I got a concealed carry permit because of this job. Not a very nice feeling knowing you could be attacked at any time for "poverty level" wages or any amount of wages, for that matter. Unless you're a police officer or in the military.

Reward the people who have proven their value through performance, not the one you like the best. Many times those people are spending so much time making you like them, they don't have time to perform their duties.

Worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Portland, OR

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offered reasonably priced health insurance only positive thing I can say about the company.

Cons

Was injured on the job and was screwed and harassed by their insurance company. Their insurance company (Farmers) for those who care literally resorted to fraud to try and deny a legitimate claim.They also illegally withheld my pay for missed time for almost 90 days.

Hire management that actually has a clue. The manager I had could not even respond within 48 hours who he workers compensation insurance company was.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's