There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

OK, until the bosses friend decides they want your job

Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

40 hours a week in this horrible economy

Cons

Huge buddy system (more like quid pro quo), no accountability, no integrity, petty and back stabbing. In 2 years I have had 5 death threats from customers and countless instances of them attempting physical force, saying they're going to follow me home after work and kill me, etc. Management's response? "You need to understand that you're not the only bill collector trying to get money from them." I got a concealed carry permit because of this job. Not a very nice feeling knowing you could be attacked at any time for "poverty level" wages or any amount of wages, for that matter. Unless you're a police officer or in the military.

Reward the people who have proven their value through performance, not the one you like the best. Many times those people are spending so much time making you like them, they don't have time to perform their duties.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Portland, OR

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offered reasonably priced health insurance only positive thing I can say about the company.

Cons

Was injured on the job and was screwed and harassed by their insurance company. Their insurance company (Farmers) for those who care literally resorted to fraud to try and deny a legitimate claim.They also illegally withheld my pay for missed time for almost 90 days.

Hire management that actually has a clue. The manager I had could not even respond within 48 hours who he workers compensation insurance company was.

2. Cut Throat

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Weatherford, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Weatherford, TX

I worked at Aaron's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had a good crew I worked with at the store

Cons

The management is cutthroat and will spread whatever rumors they want about you. YOu can be a hard worker, one of the best, but it doesn't matter if management doesn't like you

Go off performance not rear kissers and stop worrying about collections as much, sales needs to be concentrated in. I couldn't go out and do the marketing needed because management didn't want me out of the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's