There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Stay Away.

Current Employee - Manager Trainee
Current Employee - Manager Trainee

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sunday's Off...I really don't have any other pro's

Cons

During my time at Aaron's I have noticed that management doesn't know how to run this company. There are way to many policy changes coming from multiple directions to keep up with. The hours worked compared to pay is very low because there are other jobs that pay the same and you work less hours. If you are single and want to work without the enjoyment of having a life this place is a perfect fit, otherwise stay away.

Let the GM's run the stores and eliminate commands down to one person. Also realize that every store isn't exactly the same and run each store store according to their region.

reviews filtered by
  1. The most devastating job I've ever had

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is great and the customers are fun. I enjoyed working with the public, and my fellow CSR was amazing.

Cons

Basically my store was filled with children pretending to be adults. Everyone I worked with were drug addicts including management all the way to the DM and the management was verbally and emotionally abusive. I watched while our drivers got behind the wheel high as a kite. Calling human resources did no good. Everyone that I reported still works there, proving that the corporation couldn't care less about a safe and friendly work place.

My advice to upper management is to start paying better attention to what goes on in your stores. I have never had a worse job experience in my life and I can't believe ANY company would allow their employees to act like that.

Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aaron's

Pros

Aaron's, at first, seems as a very appealing place to start a career. There aren't great benefits, but there are benefits nonetheless. Starting rate in the Great Lakes Region is $9.00 an hour as a CSR, which isn't terrible if you're an entry-level employee. I'm in my 11th month as a Customer Service Representative, and finally got my first raise. It was 18 cents.

Cons

The biggest challenge of working at Aarons is that, no matter how good you do, it is never good enough, which is to be expected by any corporate owned store. Co-workers make it break your day everyday, and the customers are, for lack of better terms, low class people who are looking to get angry with you so they can get a better payment. A lot of people are out to get you it seems, and the work/life balance is terrible.

Change the promotion rubric to qualities of the worker rather than the age. I'm a 20 year old CSR, and missed my promotion window due to my age.

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's