There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

New hire

Current Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has great opportunity for the person that is willing to work hard and be disciplined. A lot depends on the attitude and skill of the general manager (store manager)

Cons

My regional manager excessively micromanaged my GM, which made my GM micromanage the employees. The proved to demoralizing. No empowerment. Thus high turnover. So far, no has lasted more than one year under the RM and GM. They cannot handle the constant negative feedback. The corporate office provides computer based training but the RM and GM do not allow employees to complete them.

RM and GM needs more management training. They need to allow the employees to be fully trained according to the company's standards. The employee should be empowered to do their work with incessant monitoring (cameras everywhere) and negative feedback.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

I learned a lot about account management in this position.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Aaron's full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started as a manager at Aarons and it allowed me to sharpen my customer service skills when dealing with multiple backgrounds

Cons

It took a while to finally get your lunch break on more days than one.

i learned alot and had a great experience working for Aaron's.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Grovetown, GA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Grovetown, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was hired at a competitive salary, trained by knowledgeable supervisors, and then given the tools to do my job well.

Cons

working long hours was the norm. spending more time with coworkers than family was a common complaint. the companionship built between coworkers was valuable and meaningful because of the time spent together.

the only thing i needed which did not seem readily available was a clear path for advancement. i do my job and i do it well, but what i want is my boss's job

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

Worked for Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!