There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

New hire

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has great opportunity for the person that is willing to work hard and be disciplined. A lot depends on the attitude and skill of the general manager (store manager)

Cons

My regional manager excessively micromanaged my GM, which made my GM micromanage the employees. The proved to demoralizing. No empowerment. Thus high turnover. So far, no has lasted more than one year under the RM and GM. They cannot handle the constant negative feedback. The corporate office provides computer based training but the RM and GM do not allow employees to complete them.

RM and GM needs more management training. They need to allow the employees to be fully trained according to the company's standards. The employee should be empowered to do their work with incessant monitoring (cameras everywhere) and negative feedback.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's (View Most Recent)

I learned a lot about account management in this position.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Aaron's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started as a manager at Aarons and it allowed me to sharpen my customer service skills when dealing with multiple backgrounds

Cons

It took a while to finally get your lunch break on more days than one.

Nepotism

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time

Pros

Company had a moral compass...at one time. If in Atlanta then the occasional tickets to the WNBA are "priceless".

Cons

Most companies hire, promote, and define raises based on work ethic and results...but at Aaron's it is not about that.

How about creating a NO RETALIATION policy.... When will you learn that creating mindless zombies working in your stores will never produce the same store sales you desire...

There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's