AbbVie
abbvie.com North Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Director

I have been working at AbbVie full-time

ProsNice benefit, and many opportunities (if you are at Abbott Park and have good connections)

ConsStill very old management thinking from the Abbott days, spent lots of time to align, discuss, and discuss but slow in finalizing. I agree with someone saying many great scientists in the senior management role but not sure they are great in operations and execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance those who are business savvy and not just talking and always planning only. Think broader. Open minded to receiving ideas (not just talk about it, but practice this behavior). Let busines operational savvy people run the operation and let science guru handles the science.

Exciting New Company & a Great Place To Work!

Director (Current Employee)
Abbott Park, IL

I have been working at AbbVie full-time for more than a year

Pros: Senior leadership is very vested in the development of the employees. Lots of opportunities to learn and… Cons: Typical new company speed bumps. HR support is average. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up te good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

General Confusion and lack of strong, knowledgeable leadership

Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at AbbVie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Compensation is very good both salary and bonus plans, flexible… Cons: Very disconnected between areas, poor communication all around, lake of leadership, very manual processes, lack of accountability in employees. Too many… Advice to Senior Management: Need to have real leadership, people who know what they are doing and how to lead, make decisions and hold people accountable. There are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AbbVie.

Worked for AbbVie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AbbVie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AbbVie CEO Richard A. Gonzalez. All reviews posted anonymously by AbbVie employees.