Tale of Two Worlds

I have been working at AbbVie

Pros

Strong financial management and great product performance TODAY

Cons

lack of developmental opportunites Too much exposure to HUMIRA \ Can we get anything to lauch out of our pipeline? Conflicing directions -- be a lean, decisive biopharmaceutical company and yet we just signed a CIA

Advice to Management

Need to get in the trenched a little more and actually understand how to implement the changes they want.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Director

I have been working at AbbVie full-time

Pros

Nice benefit, and many opportunities (if you are at Abbott Park and have good connections)

Cons

Still very old management thinking from the Abbott days, spent lots of time to align, discuss, and discuss but slow in finalizing. I agree with someone saying many great scientists in the senior management role but not sure they are great in operations and execution.

Advice to Management

Advance those who are business savvy and not just talking and always planning only. Think broader. Open minded to receiving ideas (not just talk about it, but practice this behavior). Let busines operational savvy people run the operation and let science guru handles the science.

General Confusion and lack of strong, knowledgeable leadership

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at AbbVie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is very good both salary and bonus plans, flexible hours, good working conditions.

Cons

Very disconnected between areas, poor communication all around, lake of leadership, very manual processes, lack of accountability in employees. Too many business buzzwords and initiatives thrown about, with little action or delivery. Lack of opportunities unless you are based in Chicago headquarters.

Advice to Management

Need to have real leadership, people who know what they are doing and how to lead, make decisions and hold people accountable. There are too many high level positions, too many chiefs and not enough indians. Entirely too many PhD's in critical business positions who have zero business knowledge and experience.