There are newer employer reviews for AbbVie

New hire here at AbbVie, very competitive salary company to competing pharmaceutical companies.

Current Employee - Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist II in North Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Principal Pharmaceutical Scientist II in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at AbbVie full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, rotational program to broaden experiences in different areas of development.

Cons

Cold weather during the winter, bonus structure is not great for high achieving employees.

reviews filtered by

The green is greener outside of Abbvie

Current Employee - Project Manager in Abbott Park, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Abbott Park, IL

I have been working at AbbVie full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, annual profit share, perfect place to slack off (if you've been employed long enough), okay salaries (on the cheap side)

Cons

- Type A personalities not appreciated. Preference goes to low risk employees (w/ kids, debt, no ambition)
    - You will find managers/directors with an associate bachelor degree managing people with top MBAs!
    - CEO is a high schooler. I want to know which high school he attended so I point it out to Bloomberg to include in their MBA rankings.
    - It is who you know ... friends are hiring friends.
    - Firm is lacking integrity; currently under Corporate Integrity Agreement with the Federal Government for off labeling marketing of Depakote (= reason for the split from Abbott)
    - Disorganized company still trying to separate from the mother ship (Abbott). Cultural survey pointed out lack of work life balance.

Advice to Management

- Get an educated CEO.
    - Maintain or increase the stock price until I cash out (that is, before Gilead launches its hepatitis C drug ahead of ABBV).

Mixed experience. Concerned for company's future.

Former Intern - Quality Intern in Waukegan, IL
    Former Intern - Quality Intern in Waukegan, IL

I worked at AbbVie as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation was good. Opportunities for change at a new company.

Cons

Quality is going to make or break AbbVie's future and, from my experience, I have some major concerns about QA's ability to sustain itself. The corporate culture is very poor in QA. There is not much collaboration within teams. Managers are poorly trained and do not provide sufficient oversight. Employees are often very siloed and most do not really care about their work.

Advice to Management

Do not focus all of your corporate culture training on the upper management. You need to involve the middle/lower management as well.

There are newer employer reviews for AbbVie