AbbVie
www.abbvie.com North Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Great company but tough industry

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWage, benefits, overall compensation package is outstanding. Upper management really does care about employees. Unheard of (in this industry) care taken when Cardiovascular Division laid off. We had plenty of notice and much assistance in landing on our feet afterward.

ConsHigh turnover for DM's. DM's instructed to conduct ride alongs every other week. Reviews were 80% based on quota achievement, regardless of skill level in product detailing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to remember what it was like to be a rep and just get out of our way so we can sell.

Employee great, contractor not so.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    North Chicago, IL

I worked at AbbVie as a contractor

Pros: Clean office environment. Some of the people are very nice… Cons: Contractors are not treated well. Advice to Senior Management: Contract to hire, no contract over one year. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company but working for a dumbo manager

IT Compliance Analyst (Current Employee)
    North Chicago, IL

I have been working at AbbVie full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Abbvie provides good opportunity in the company. Cons: Various levels of management adds beurocracy. Advice to Senior Management: Don't ignore the hard working inididuals. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AbbVie.

Worked for AbbVie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AbbVie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AbbVie CEO Richard A. Gonzalez. All reviews posted anonymously by AbbVie employees.