There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs

Big company with big resources

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Abbott Labs

Pros

Abbott is a large company with lots of resources. Working in biotech you really feel like you are helping people live better lives on a daily basis. 401K matching program and health benefits were good, and vacation time was also generous.

Cons

Abbott's medical device business tends to acquire a lot of companies. Integration with new companies can be a big issue. Large company is less generous with stock options, and the stock price doesn't move very much, so the stock options can only be considered a nice little "bonus" to the annual salary. Pay seemed to lag behind other medical device companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Need to purposefully identify and nuture talented people in the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Abbott Labs is a great company with a stable future.

Current Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abbott Labs

Pros

Abbott Labs offers great benefits packages, lots of room for advancement, many growth opportunities. Abbott is a very stable company, even in the face of our current economic slumps.

Cons

It is a large company and sometimes it seems they are in the position of following the industry instead of leading. This is not Abbott's fault, but the Healthcare sector is heavily regulated and the company's every move is scrutinized down to the last detail. As an employee, this can add many layers to the simplest of everyday tasks.

Advice to Management

I'll leave the Sr Management to perform it's own job, I'm busy enough with mine.

2. Abbott is a good place to work if you can stand the pressure.

Current Employee - Quality Director in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Director in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Abbott Labs

Pros

Because it is a healthcare company, really feel that your work helps others. Has a diverse business model which leads to relatively decent stability. Opportunities to move between businesses and locations, including international.

Cons

High pressure, because you are working on products that affect people's lives and because our products are highly regulated.

Advice to Management

Increase management by walking around. Management sometimes seems out of touch.