There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs

Challenging, but rewarding, opportunities in biotechnology and healthcare industries.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Abbott Labs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Abbott is a great place work if you enjoy working on new technologies that will make a difference in people's lives. Abbott is full of top-notch talent, so there is plenty of opportunity to learn from your peers. The benefits and compensation are extremely generous as well.

Cons

Sometimes the shear size of Abbott gets in the way of progress due to the bureaucratic hoops one must jump through to accomplish certain tasks that should be trivial.

596 Other Employee Reviews for Abbott Labs (View Most Recent)

Great benefits. Paternalistic culture. Couldn't change career path.

Former Employee - HR Manager  in  Abbott Park, IL
    Former Employee - HR Manager in Abbott Park, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Total compensation was excellent, especially when you factor in retirement benefits. My 401K, after two years of working at Abbott, was better off than expected and in comparison to friends. I had good opportunities to work "above my pay grade" so long as I demonstrated exceptional performance. Got to work in Europe for a year and that experience was very well executed.

Cons

I wanted to move from one function to another and despite networking and getting interviews and an offer, I was asked to stay in my current function. This was not aligned with my career interests.

If someone is a high performer, allow them to pursue the passion they identified at your company.

Great company, but really bad managers.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Waukegan, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are great. The company is financially robust. Normally, a great atmosphere depending on who your boss is.

Cons

I had really lousy managers for most of my time there. That's not a reflection on the company as a whole. My co-workers with much more time in the company acknowledged that I just happened to have the worst of the worst type of luck when it came to bosses.

There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!