Abbott Labs

There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs

Abbott Laboratories

Former Contractor - L-3 Help Desk Technician in Waukegan, IL
Former Contractor - L-3 Help Desk Technician in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Constant work. I was able to learn something new on a daily basis.

Cons

Many of the technologies used are only used at Abbott. When interviewing for positions outside of Abbott companies would ask why Abbott implemented their support desk in the way it is (or was set up during my tenure). Waukegan is a far distance.

655 Other Employee Reviews for Abbott Labs (View Most Recent)

Challenging, but rewarding, opportunities in biotechnology and healthcare industries.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Abbott Labs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Abbott is a great place work if you enjoy working on new technologies that will make a difference in people's lives. Abbott is full of top-notch talent, so there is plenty of opportunity to learn from your peers. The benefits and compensation are extremely generous as well.

Cons

Sometimes the shear size of Abbott gets in the way of progress due to the bureaucratic hoops one must jump through to accomplish certain tasks that should be trivial.

Great benefits. Paternalistic culture. Couldn't change career path.

Former Employee - HR Manager in Abbott Park, IL
    Former Employee - HR Manager in Abbott Park, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Total compensation was excellent, especially when you factor in retirement benefits. My 401K, after two years of working at Abbott, was better off than expected and in comparison to friends. I had good opportunities to work "above my pay grade" so long as I demonstrated exceptional performance. Got to work in Europe for a year and that experience was very well executed.

Cons

I wanted to move from one function to another and despite networking and getting interviews and an offer, I was asked to stay in my current function. This was not aligned with my career interests.

If someone is a high performer, allow them to pursue the passion they identified at your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs