There are newer employer reviews for Abbott Labs

I think this is a good company to work with. Very great! I like it

Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Irving, TX

I have been working at Abbott Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It gives you space to grow as a person. Bosses are very nice. They listen to you and they guide you through the process.

Cons

A little bit too far away from my location. The campus is nice and is pretty old.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Supply Chain position review - a retrospective after several years in another work force

Former Employee - Production Planner in North Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Production Planner in North Chicago, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly organized with policies and procedures. Organizational hierarchy is well defined. Employee performance is reviewed every year. Continued education and certification is supported with company funding and time.

Cons

Hard to make a significant change to policy and procedures due to size of company. Massive layoffs. Used to be a stable place to grow a career but with spinning off pieces of the business and sending some divisions out of the country, many good people have lost their jobs.

Advice to Management

Micro management does prevail. Empower employees, you have some of the best.

2. Worked 10+ years in IT. First two years were great and after that things went downhill.

Former Employee - IT Technical Specialist in Waukegan, IL
    Former Employee - IT Technical Specialist in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Abbott Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay Good Benefits, 401k, Pension Plan, vacation plan. Nice group of associates to work with.

Cons

Now they are only interested in the bottom dollar. They are outsourcing as much as possible out of the country or bringing in foreign workers. The management no longer cares about the employee's.

Advice to Management

Care about your associates. Quit over micromanaging the employee's and blame them for not doing their jobs. 90% or more of the job duties of my direct report were done by those who report to that person. It's no wonder why IT management at this company is so poor.