Abcam

www.abcam.com
  www.abcam.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abcam

Awesome company culture, really encourage new ideas, even as an intern

Former Employee - Event Planning in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Event Planning in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Abcam as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Team meetings encourage creativity, great environment, everyone is approachable, office is well laid out and accommodating

Cons

It was sometimes hard working with people in the UK because of the time change, but this really should not even count as a con

21 Other Employee Reviews for Abcam (View Most Recent)

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

Friendly start-up moving towards corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Abcam is a fast changing, challenging environment. People are generally friendly and open and team work is valued. It has offices in the UK, US, Japan, China, Hong Kong and many interactions between the different offices, giving lots of opportunities to work with people from other sites. Work/life balance is good and the company is not overly burocatic. A

Cons

Abcam has recently aquired 3 companies followed by a major restructure. This has affected the work of a lot of people and departments (jobs and responsibilites have changed, there were also some reduncancies, and many new positions needed to be filled) and things havent settled down to normal yet. Also salaries are not very high, probably a remainder from the start up times.

There are newer employer reviews for Abcam