Awesome company culture, really encourage new ideas, even as an intern

Former Employee - Event Planning  in  Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Event Planning in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Abcam as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Team meetings encourage creativity, great environment, everyone is approachable, office is well laid out and accommodating

Cons

It was sometimes hard working with people in the UK because of the time change, but this really should not even count as a con

Other Reviews for Abcam

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

Culture has gone downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Abcam full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A financial superstar. Dr Milner is also a really great CEO and nice guy. Also, pay wasn't bad in my experience.

Cons

Abcam are in the midst of a major restructure with whole teams being let go. Everyone is scared for their jobs. This has resulted in a dramatic increase in turnover, and many former employees are actively suing Abcam for treating them poorly

Please treat people like human beings. You've lost so many key people that have been with you from the early days.

There are newer employer reviews for Abcam.

Worked for Abcam? Contribute to the Community!