Abcam

www.abcam.com

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

Other reviews for Abcam

Culture has gone downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

A financial superstar. Dr Milner is also a really great CEO and nice guy. Also, pay wasn't bad in my experience.

Cons

Abcam are in the midst of a major restructure with whole teams being let go. Everyone is scared for their jobs. This has resulted in a dramatic increase in turnover, and many former employees are actively suing Abcam for treating them poorly

Please treat people like human beings. You've lost so many key people that have been with you from the early days.

Typical Factory

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Scientist in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

Good work/life balance, good social aspects, the HR is actively promoting better values and the most senior management seem completely supportive of this.

Cons

Sometimes feels like a dead-end job, no career progression, no salary scale progression, Salary benchmarking is weak. Several middle managers appear to be poor at their job and would rather be doing something else. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

Keep leading and promoting your values. Hopefully they will trickle down. Pay is important.

There are newer employer reviews for Abcam.

Worked for Abcam? Contribute to the Community!