Abcam

www.abcam.com
  www.abcam.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abcam

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Abcam (View Most Recent)

Friendly start-up moving towards corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Abcam is a fast changing, challenging environment. People are generally friendly and open and team work is valued. It has offices in the UK, US, Japan, China, Hong Kong and many interactions between the different offices, giving lots of opportunities to work with people from other sites. Work/life balance is good and the company is not overly burocatic. A

Cons

Abcam has recently aquired 3 companies followed by a major restructure. This has affected the work of a lot of people and departments (jobs and responsibilites have changed, there were also some reduncancies, and many new positions needed to be filled) and things havent settled down to normal yet. Also salaries are not very high, probably a remainder from the start up times.

Working at Abcam makes me happy......

I have been working at Abcam full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People at Abcam are passionate and engaged in what they do which makes my job hugely fullfilling and fun.

Culture, it is one that is open, supports development and is low on negative office polictics another reason why I am happy to be here.

Cons

We are split over 3 sites in the UK which means we have to make that extra effort to see each other.

Continue to provide oppotunities to staff early on in their careers at Abcam.

There are newer employer reviews for Abcam