Abcam
www.abcam.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 500 to 999 Employees

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Cambridge, MA

ProsAbcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

ConsI don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

Great culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Abcam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I worked at Abcam UK for 3 years and thought it was a great company to work for. Particularly at the beginning of a career… Cons: The salary is below what the rest of the industry… Advice to Senior Management: Salary matters. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Typical Factory

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good work/life balance, good social aspects, the HR is actively promoting… Cons: Sometimes feels like a dead-end job, no career progression, no salary scale progression, Salary benchmarking is weak. Several middle managers appear… Advice to Senior Management: Keep leading and promoting your values. Hopefully they will trickle… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Abcam.

Worked for Abcam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abcam reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abcam CEO Jonathan Milner. All reviews posted anonymously by Abcam employees.