There are newer employer reviews for Abcam

Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Abcam (View Most Recent)

Outstanding company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are great and we have a clear direction for our future

Cons

Facilities could be better - especially the availability of food.

Keep the communication coming

Company culture chaotic, high turnover, it's a mess

I worked at Abcam full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits self-service portal, well organized HR inductions, and well-put together IT support for employees.

Cons

Middle/senior department management has no experience/willingness to create or follow processes, manage projects effectively, or create value for the company. Complete lack of professional manager-employee feedback/support approach, no coherent new employee line role & team integration processes, no job descriptions, lack of clear goals and objectives - all of that creates ambiguity & unnecessary conflicts.

Overall be prepared to feel like being at a train station - lots of people coming and leaving at all the times. They hire many international people for a low pay, yet they do not embrace diversity.

There are newer employer reviews for Abcam