There are newer employer reviews for Abebooks

Great culture, friendly coworkers, helpful managers

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Victoria, BC (Canada)
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Abebooks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Young, creative yet relaxed culture, great pay compared to similar jobs in the region, coworkers and managers are really supportive, managers care about your development.

Cons

Most of the time I was working on myself, not necessarily a bad thing, but I would prefer more collaboration among team members.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. AbeBooks is good employer

I have been working at Abebooks

Pros

Great environment, nice people, HR is very helpful in different way. Company has a lot of potential to grow especially merged with Amazon.

Cons

Victoria is a relatively small market, company should move to some bigger city, like Vancouver, to seek for further development.

Advice to Management

Management should be more employee-oriented. And company should tell employees their strategies of the year and plans for the future.

2. Praktikum im Online Marketing Intern in Online Marketing

Former Intern - Marketing-Spezialist in Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Former Intern - Marketing-Spezialist in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I worked at Abebooks as an intern (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Sehr interessanter Job als Assistent eines Onlinemarketing-Managers im Bereich Bücher. Es gibt so viel, was man über Onlinemarketing lernen kann, vor allem, wenn man einen freundlichen und hilfsbereiten Vorgesetzten hat, so wie es bei mir der Fall war. Eine der besten Arbeitsumgebungen, die ich je hatte.

Very interesting job as online marketing manager assistant in the field of books. there is so much to learn about online marketing especially if you have a friendly and helpful supervisor as I had. One of the best work environment I've ever had.

Cons

Management ist nicht immer da, oft scheinen sie nicht an der Meinung von Praktikanten interessiert zu sein.

Management not always there, often looked not interested in interns' opinion.

Advice to Management

Wenn Sie etwas Interesse an Ihren Mitarbeitern zeigen, werden Sie es Ihnen mit viel mehr Arbeitskraft und -willen zurückzahlen.

If you show some interest in your employees they will pay you back with much more work strenght and will.