AbeBooks is good employer

I have been working at Abebooks

Pros

Great environment, nice people, HR is very helpful in different way. Company has a lot of potential to grow especially merged with Amazon.

Cons

Victoria is a relatively small market, company should move to some bigger city, like Vancouver, to seek for further development.

Management should be more employee-oriented. And company should tell employees their strategies of the year and plans for the future.

Other Reviews for Abebooks

Intern in Online Marketing

Former Employee - Online Marketing  in  Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Former Employee - Online Marketing in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I worked at Abebooks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very interesting job as online marketing manager assistant in the field of books. there is so much to learn about online marketing especially if you have a friendly and helpful supervisor as I had. One of the best work environment I've ever had.

Cons

Management not always there, often looked not interested in interns' opinion.

If you show some interest in your employees they will pay you back with much more work strenght and will.

Worse and worse.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Abebooks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, nothing, zero. I couldn't think of anything is positive. Long working hours. Low productivity. Too much pressure from work, and no creativity.
    If you really want to know a Pros, it would be the free juice, tea and coffee.
    The office building location is not bad too. You may watch the ocean view at your desk. The parking space is big.
    It had been a good company before 2010. I must say it's the top 2 best company in Victoria BC before 2010.

Cons

In a colleagues lunch gathering, none of current employees or previous employees say one good thing about AbeBooks. There are too much complicated processes, and the IT management team discourages the innovation. Managers keeps changing the the organization goals, so you can not achieve your performance goal no matter how hard you strive. You just felt depressed.
    The hiring process is very strict. None of the current employee can pass the interview.
    The company changed. Even the best loyal employee started looking for a new job.

Replace the management team, to get our old flexible and family culture back. Making people identify with the company goals, agree with and support them.

There are newer employer reviews for Abebooks.

Worked for Abebooks? Contribute to the Community!