Good

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

The best thing about Abercrombie is their hours.

Cons

The worst thing about abercrombie are the customers

Advice to Management

I think that management should offer better discounts to employees, offer more hours per week to current employees, and I have no idea what else to say.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. A shallow place where only attractive people are hired

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Arlington, TX

Pros

-Meet some great people -Nice 30% discount on full priced items -Flexible schedules -Great managers who are close in age with the rest

Cons

-Its really hard to get hours, you normally work about two 4 hour shifts per week -The pay is minimum wage so its not that great -The district manager is the one who wants the store and the associates to be in perfect order and you have to look flawless when around her or she'll criticize you.

Advice to Management

I think you are doing a great job at my store with what you have to work with and my only advise would have to be to give out more hours to the hard workers and less to the people to just waste space.

2. Depends what you're looking for.

Current Employee - Model/Sales Associate in Huntington Station, NY
    Current Employee - Model/Sales Associate in Huntington Station, NY

Pros

flexible schedule, competent and kind store managers good place to learn how a corporate retail store is run, yet in a smaller store setting.

Cons

very few hours, horrible pay, and you don't get a good discount (20%, if i remember correctly). dress code can be annoying- can only wear certain colors during certain times of the year, hair/nails done a certain way, no makeup, etc. they dont seem to care about selling, which i found odd. not much, if any, direction on how to sell. if it wasnt for my previous retail experience, i would have had no idea what i was doing when i was selling to customers. however, they didnt seem to care if you sold or not anyway.

Advice to Management

Worked at abercrombie kids in Spring 2009. I worked here when I was in high school. This job is NOT the kind of job you can rely on for hours- i only got about 8 hours per week, and there were many kids who worked in the store. This made it difficult to get alot of hours. Also, the pay was horrible- minimum wage with taxes taken out. Although I learned how a corporate business is run (i previously worked at a family-owned clothing store), my job basically consisted of standing in the front. I would always be placed in the front, where I would fold and refold, and greet customers. I basically got paid to text for a few hours a week. This is not the job that you get to earn good money and have set hours/schedule; however, it is good for a high schooler who needs to get a job so that your parents will stop nagging you to find one. It is a good place to learn what the corporate retail environment is like (minus comission).