Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
  www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Great for an introduction to running a business and managing others

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A&F provides great training for entry level associates looking for management and business experience. The culture is also very engaging. The job translates well into other careers. The company has career opportunities abroad.

Cons

There's a lot of blacked out vacation time. Compensation is low becuase turnover is high. You still feel bad about taking vacation even when during ideal vacation times. Christmas in retial is tough no matter what retailer you work for, A&F is the same. Most of the company's growth and therefore career opportunities are overseas,

Encourage use of vacation time to deter turn over. Allow some weekends off for Store Managers and General Managers

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Good place to start, but you can't stay very long.

Former Employee - Inventory Management in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - Inventory Management in New Albany, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, fast- paced, entrepreneurial environment. Good place to get your foot in the door.

Cons

Very inexperienced management can lead to uncomfortable and awkward reviews because your manager hasn't learned how to give constructive criticism. A lot of managers are more concerned with being your friend than an effective manager.

More training for management on how to effectively lead team.

Fun and Easy, but monotonous...

Former Employee - Overnight Associate in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - Overnight Associate in New Albany, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work with young, fun people; I worked overnight so most managers were quite lax when it came to mistakes or rules; easy to learn what you need to do (i.e. folds and junk like that); If you didn't like folding clothes before, you learn to like it...maybe not like it BUT it becomes less of a chore since the motions get committed to muscle memory.

Cons

When it comes to working with high-school aged people or young adults, it can tend to feel a bit like high school; the job at the HQ is a bit monotonous; the music...ugh. It is annoying but it stops between the hours of 7 to 10 and doesn't come back on until 6 or 7 in the morning

Don't be so strict when it comes to clothing at the HQ (at least in New Albany)...some of us can't afford Abecrombie & Fitch clothing, not to mention that we have no actual customers so we don't have to sell the look. The fact that I when most of the associates are hired under the impression that we dont have to wear A&F clothing is something that makes the job at the HQ much more attractive than working at actual stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch