Abercrombie & Fitch

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Chill

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything is chill. You can get days off whenever you want to as long as you make sure someone else can cover your shift. I worked in the back, so we don't have to be as formal back there.

Cons

You don't get many hours. Everyone will always ask you for your shift because everyone wants more hours.

Keep doing what you're doing.

2333 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Not so great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, the people that I worked with were all around the same age and had a lot in common. We had fun working together.

Cons

No recognition for work well done, no possibility of raise. There were quotas to fill in regards to the amount of people we had hired in each ethnic group, and qualified applicants were turned down because they were not the right skin color.

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lovely campus, casual dress code. It feels more like a college campus than anything. The compensation and benefits are substantial, especially as a starter job, but honestly aren't enough for the BS they ask of you. I have a great rapport with my coworkers, but upper level management is a joke. If you can stand the place and fake your way long enough, you move up fairly quickly.

Cons

Very low work/life balance, zero to none creative freedom, ridiculous office politics and a "big brother" type HR department. You feel as if every move is being scrutinized, which is a joke considering how asinine the company has become in recent years. They BLAST the god-awful soundtrack in work spaces, and you hear the same 30 songs, multiple times, all day, every day, for months on end. You are required to buy the clothes, and look and act the part of an Abercrombie employee (which is to say, young, attractive, popular, etc). You are not allowed to wear black or purple, and the CEO is honestly delusional. The company will spend itself to death if it doesn't kick him out soon and replace him with someone with a fresher vision. The chain of command is inefficient- too many non-creatives have a say in the finished product and doesn't allow for any creative growth. Literally every season looks the exact same as the last. They require you to sign a 3 year contract upon being hired that, if you leave prior, kills you with penalty fees (paying back something like $9000 in bonuses and relocation costs).

Ditch the CEO, allow the departments to work independently of each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch