Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
  www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Hope you like living in the mall!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

Great people, lots of new faces, really teaches you how to manage a store and a bunch of people. If you can be a store manager at A&F, any other store would be a piece of cake.

Cons

It is exhausting - this job physically and mentally drains you. When you're an SM depending on your management situation/store/season, you can average 60 hour workweeks...but you get paid zero overtime. Even when you're not physically AT work you still have to work on the schedule, or field phone calls/txts from associates or other managers, or attend your own management meetings on your DAY OFF which you do not get paid for.
Rarely - maybe 3 times a year - do you get two consecutive days off in a week. Poor work/life balance, and it's very easy to feel defeated because there isn't much constructive criticism. If you can be charming AND good looking, you've got potential. But be prepared to spend your days off too tired to do anything, and every other day at work too busy to even take the "hour" break you're "required" to take.

Pay a fair salary. Reward more often to increase positive results. If people don't feel valued, they'll work just hard enough not to get fired. Look at your own turnover rates and DO something about it! Help us help you.

2337 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Customer Service Position

Former Employee - Floor Model in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Floor Model in Franklin, TN

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere, low stress, the staff is very nice and easy to get to know. I love organizing things and so working at Abercrombie as a "model" (aka customer service) was perfect.

Cons

When I told my manager that I couldn't work at certain times well ahead of time, they still scheduled me during those times and said getting someone to cover my shift was my responsibility. Sometimes customers come in angry and ready to rant and talk about the cons of the company. Just try to stay positive and not take it personally.

good flexibility with schedules and other

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

flexibility with schedule and nice environment

Cons

very little hours a week unless

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch