Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Assistant Merchant

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

Hands on experience
Young atmosphere
Thriving business

Cons

NO work life balance
10- 12 hour days (with no lunch break)
Hard to have an opinion (higher ups do not listen to ideas)
Everything depends on what Jeffries thinks (if he hates it, there is NO chance you will go forward with the idea).

2337 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- It is easy to gain hours from shifts associates want to give up, additional hours gained if business was good that day, and associates not showing up.

- Call-Ins. After working for companies that doesn't have a call in system (you call in one hour before your shift and if business is good/it's busy they will ask you to come in), it's comforting to know when business picks up you have the help you need and associates aren't there long after close.

- Your work atmosphere is fun! As long as your doing something you can have fun doing it. For example, you can run from room to room dancing if you're putting items away. The playlist may not be your favorite music but I guarantee you can't go a shift without to a song. The majority of managers I've had are nice too.

- There is a three month long MIT (Manager in Training) program that helps coach new managers on running the store.

- More on hours. Like all aspects of life (including work) favorites are played. If you work hard or are "liked" by managers you will get more hours. If I was running a store I would like to schedule the people who are constantly moving and doing something rather the ones who stand around and chit chat. I'd also like to schedule those who are pleasant to work with. Being nice and friendly doesn't hurt :)

Cons

- Work/Life Balance is rough

Good job but not enough money

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

-Fun atmosphere
    -Pretty laid back
    -Meet new friends

Cons

-Pay is not good
    -Strict Dress Code

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch