Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com

2029 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Pros

Model (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Pros- It is easy to gain hours from shifts associates want to give up, additional hours gained if business was good that day, and associates not showing up.

- Call-Ins. After working for companies that doesn't have a call in system (you call in one hour before your shift and if business is good/it's busy they will ask you to come in), it's comforting to know when business picks up you have the help you need and associates aren't there long after close.

- Your work atmosphere is fun! As long as your doing something you can have fun doing it. For example, you can run from room to room dancing if you're putting items away. The playlist may not be your favorite music but I guarantee you can't go a shift without to a song. The majority of managers I've had are nice too.

- There is a three month long MIT (Manager in Training) program that helps coach new managers on running the store.

- More on hours. Like all aspects of life (including work) favorites are played. If you work hard or are "liked" by managers you will get more hours. If I was running a store I would like to schedule the people who are constantly moving and doing something rather the ones who stand around and chit chat. I'd also like to schedule those who are pleasant to work with. Being nice and friendly doesn't hurt :)

Cons- Work/Life Balance is rough

Boring mindless Job

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros: Image of being a "Abercrombie Model" Cons: Lame boring job of greeting people More

Horrible

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The brand name at best. Its considered high-end retail. Cons: Everything.... the pay is horrible, absolute worst in any retail (high-end and low-end) management I could find. overworked...expect to work a minimum of 50 hours but with… Advice to Senior Management: Good luck if you're still in it...I heard The Gap… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Abercrombie & Fitch.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!