Abercrombie & Fitch

Management

Former Employee - Visual Manager
Former Employee - Visual Manager

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

Building great relationships
Tons of hands on experience
Great learning experience

Cons

Inconsistent communication
Inefficient communication
Character flaws

Develop tough skin, immediately

2337 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Don't work here unless you want to be treated horribly!

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- You are always paid on time

- There is different music played downstairs in Impact than upstairs. Trust me, the music upstairs will drive you insane after a 5 hour shift.

- Not a difficult job, super easy

Cons

- The managers are rude and immature. They always had a negative attitude and took it out on all the workers.

- Shift communication is horrible! The website and what the managers tell you on the phone are completely different. Often the site was wrong and I would come into work only to be told that I wasn't on call. If I called ahead of time for my shifts that week, they would tell me the wrong days. FYI If a manager calls to say you don't have to work that day...expect another call on the day of your shift yelling at you for not showing up.

- During closing, the doors outside AND inside are locked. You CANNOT leave unless a manager "walks you out" this is to prevent stealing. Unfortunately, the managers "never have time" to walk you out. I went up to one manager and asked if I could get a walk out and she glared at me to say she was "too busy". Then she continued to stand there and gossip with the other workers. It takes at least 15-45 minutes to even get a walk out (this is super fun when you've already spent 5 hours at work)

- If you have the closing shift, you have to stay really late until all the clothes are folded and brought
    upstairs ( this is pointless because the over night team just re-folds them anyways)

- You are stuck in a basement for five hours mindlessly folding clothes...enough said.

- You need to learn how to communicate with each other. Often when I got a call from one manager telling me not to come in, another manager on the day of the shift would yell at me for not coming in.
    - Act professional, you're attitude is not appreciated
    - Do a walk out within a reasonable amount of time an employee requests

Watch out if you are thinking of being a Manager..

Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere. A lot of laid back days. Fun employees. Okay discount.

Cons

Pay is HORRIBLE for the slaves the company makes you to be. You must have a degree to be a manager or Asst. manager. Whereas other clothing stores don't require such and pay much better. Pay is laughable. You always work overtime and the company's expectations are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to reach within the number of employees/hours you are given.

No appreciation from District Manager. You have to recruit, daily, to fill employee quota since there is high turnover, and you have to use your own car/gas when you go out recruiting.

I worked here for only a year and miss the employees, but the company made it too hard to work.

Invest in your management/hourly employees. Lower your expectations and make them reachable. Give hourly employee incentives to work harder.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch