Abercrombie & Fitch
2.8 of 5 1,999 reviews
www.abercrombie.com New Albany, OH 5000+ Employees

1999 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Chill, good for a part-time job but has it's drawbacks that you must learn to deal with

Impact Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsLots of interesting people that will be around your age if you're a college aged student. Most of the time they will be cool with you, it definitely helps if you're attractive and outgoing. I've definitely made a lot of friends working here, and at least my store being the smallest tier it is really laid back and if you are on the managers good side you can pretty much get away with anything minus stealing from the store.

ConsThe pay is awful, and raises only happen like once a year and in my experience they weren't really given to ones who deserved it. It seems they favor models over impact for raises even though impact definitely does much more work. Girls usually non-stop talk/gossip which should be expected but just be careful of what you do when it comes to going out, meeting up, or doing anything outside of work with co-workers especially those of the other sex.

I'm about to blow up the terrible pay also:

I know of no store manager within my region that gets paid more than $40k annually. Assistant managers get paid about $28k, while head store managers seem to make about $35k. Was offered a position as a manager but after I had talked to mine I realized it was totally not worth the hassle and stress. Management positions within actual stores seem to be the worst positions you can work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving regional positions to unqualified personnel. My DM went to school for fashion or some garbage, and thus is terrible at actually managing the people that work under her. She has little to no people skills and is viewed as extremely fake because she doesn't know how to manage people, ends up criticizing everyone's work while never explaining why what they did was wrong, the importance of why that needed to be done right and generally treats everyone below her as a stepping stone for her performance to move further up within corporate. Actually, it seems that is a general procedure of corporate: taking advantage of everyone within the retail side to maximize profits and your employees on this side notice that and genuinely feel used, and disenfranchised because of it.

The hours can sometimes be long if you are there to work can can learn a lot about retail

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    New Albany, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch for more than 8 years

Pros: Working with great people and learning a lot about management Cons: Sometime you work late hours which affects your work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Abercrombie Impact Team

Impact Team Member (Former Employee)
    Littleton, CO

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros: I got hands on experience organizing inventory and learning how… Cons: Very strict dress code and image the company is trying to… Advice to Senior Management: Develop more hands on training with new employees and better prepare them for their shifts. Also hire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Abercrombie & Fitch.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries. All reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees.