There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Chill, good for a part-time job but has it's drawbacks that you must learn to deal with

Current Employee - Impact Team Member
Current Employee - Impact Team Member

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

Lots of interesting people that will be around your age if you're a college aged student. Most of the time they will be cool with you, it definitely helps if you're attractive and outgoing. I've definitely made a lot of friends working here, and at least my store being the smallest tier it is really laid back and if you are on the managers good side you can pretty much get away with anything minus stealing from the store.

Cons

The pay is awful, and raises only happen like once a year and in my experience they weren't really given to ones who deserved it. It seems they favor models over impact for raises even though impact definitely does much more work. Girls usually non-stop talk/gossip which should be expected but just be careful of what you do when it comes to going out, meeting up, or doing anything outside of work with co-workers especially those of the other sex.

I'm about to blow up the terrible pay also:

I know of no store manager within my region that gets paid more than $40k annually. Assistant managers get paid about $28k, while head store managers seem to make about $35k. Was offered a position as a manager but after I had talked to mine I realized it was totally not worth the hassle and stress. Management positions within actual stores seem to be the worst positions you can work in.

Advice to Management

Stop giving regional positions to unqualified personnel. My DM went to school for fashion or some garbage, and thus is terrible at actually managing the people that work under her. She has little to no people skills and is viewed as extremely fake because she doesn't know how to manage people, ends up criticizing everyone's work while never explaining why what they did was wrong, the importance of why that needed to be done right and generally treats everyone below her as a stepping stone for her performance to move further up within corporate. Actually, it seems that is a general procedure of corporate: taking advantage of everyone within the retail side to maximize profits and your employees on this side notice that and genuinely feel used, and disenfranchised because of it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Abercrombie Impact Team

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Littleton, CO

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got hands on experience organizing inventory and learning how the company deals with returns and shipments of new inventory.

Cons

Very strict dress code and image the company is trying to build. Training wasn't very helpful in learning the new job.

Advice to Management

Develop more hands on training with new employees and better prepare them for their shifts. Also hire less employees so that there's more of a personal relationship between management and the rest of the team.

2. Management

Former Employee - Visual Manager
    Former Employee - Visual Manager

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

Building great relationships
    Tons of hands on experience
    Great learning experience

Cons

Inconsistent communication
    Inefficient communication
    Character flaws

Advice to Management

Develop tough skin, immediately

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch