Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
  www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

The hours can sometimes be long if you are there to work can can learn a lot about retail

Current Employee - Store Manager in New Albany, OH
Current Employee - Store Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with great people and learning a lot about management

Cons

Sometime you work late hours which affects your work life balance

2303 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to work at

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

You actually meet some decent people. If you are a shopper and actually like ANF's clothes, you can see and hear about the upcoming sales and clearances.

Cons

All the managers have been poorly trained and have no idea how to run the store properly. The music is way too loud for no reason. The backroom's music is so random and only one CD is allowed to be played. The managers don't do any work, even when it's clear that there is a low supply of workers.

Train your employees better, and be reasonable with certain regulations.

Don't work here unless you want to be treated horribly!

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- You are always paid on time

- There is different music played downstairs in Impact than upstairs. Trust me, the music upstairs will drive you insane after a 5 hour shift.

- Not a difficult job, super easy

Cons

- The managers are rude and immature. They always had a negative attitude and took it out on all the workers.

- Shift communication is horrible! The website and what the managers tell you on the phone are completely different. Often the site was wrong and I would come into work only to be told that I wasn't on call. If I called ahead of time for my shifts that week, they would tell me the wrong days. FYI If a manager calls to say you don't have to work that day...expect another call on the day of your shift yelling at you for not showing up.

- During closing, the doors outside AND inside are locked. You CANNOT leave unless a manager "walks you out" this is to prevent stealing. Unfortunately, the managers "never have time" to walk you out. I went up to one manager and asked if I could get a walk out and she glared at me to say she was "too busy". Then she continued to stand there and gossip with the other workers. It takes at least 15-45 minutes to even get a walk out (this is super fun when you've already spent 5 hours at work)

- If you have the closing shift, you have to stay really late until all the clothes are folded and brought
    upstairs ( this is pointless because the over night team just re-folds them anyways)

- You are stuck in a basement for five hours mindlessly folding clothes...enough said.

- You need to learn how to communicate with each other. Often when I got a call from one manager telling me not to come in, another manager on the day of the shift would yell at me for not coming in.
    - Act professional, you're attitude is not appreciated
    - Do a walk out within a reasonable amount of time an employee requests

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch