There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Working as a part-time impact and floor model

Former Employee - Part-time Impact, Floor Model in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Part-time Impact, Floor Model in Chicago, IL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got lots of useful customer service experience fun environment good discounts

Cons

Not pushed to try to improve or move up in the company Shifts were sporadic and not many hours were available because of too many floor employees

Advice to Management

Add incentives to help employees try harder and want to advance in the company Work on keeping a few people for more than a few months so that they can be familiar with the way the company works and even get used to regulars. The more they know about the company the more helpful they will be and better business will be.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. Cool as a part time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, upbeat co-worker, nice environment, great employee discount. cash bonus during holiday season.

Cons

unexpected call-in shift, unorganized task agenda, hard to please difficult customers. sometimes the schedule being too flexible can cause you to work more 40 hours one week versus only 10 hours for another week.

Advice to Management

More PR to change the stereotype of the brand

2. I got the job while I was still in high school but I didn't realize I would be working in one.

Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to wear the clothes! That's a bonus. They say you don't have to wear their clothes but you can't work without them. It's the uniform, however, you do get 50% off the uniform other than that it's just 30% at A&F and 20% at Hollister. Another pro is that the playlist they have on loop isn't that bad to listen to. Also - at the beginning of 2013, they gave every associate a chance to get 7 full price items for 50% off. That's a plus.

Cons

I had a few friends that worked there, but other than that, the people are unbearable. The management is horrible. Any model on the sales floor could run that place better than some managers. The upper managers (district, regional) are sharks. Customers aren't that great either. It's just like high school.

Advice to Management

Act like your managers and not high schoolers. This is my job. My life does not revolve around a job that gives me less than 20 hours a week.