There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Pleasant Experience

Former Employee - "model" A K A Sales Associate  in  Concord, NH
Former Employee - "model" A K A Sales Associate in Concord, NH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros

Low-key, good discount, mostly friendly atmosphere, attained experience in a wide variety of tasks, always on the schedule for as many day of the week I requested.

Cons

The managers didn't always handle stress well, there was some discrimination involved, training wasn't adequate - I basically just got a tour but wasn't taught how to properly fold clothes or how to handle certain types of customers. Learn as you go.

Ease-up.

2172 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

I got the job while I was still in high school but I didn't realize I would be working in one.

Current Employee - Model  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to wear the clothes! That's a bonus. They say you don't have to wear their clothes but you can't work without them. It's the uniform, however, you do get 50% off the uniform other than that it's just 30% at A&F and 20% at Hollister. Another pro is that the playlist they have on loop isn't that bad to listen to. Also - at the beginning of 2013, they gave every associate a chance to get 7 full price items for 50% off. That's a plus.

Cons

I had a few friends that worked there, but other than that, the people are unbearable. The management is horrible. Any model on the sales floor could run that place better than some managers. The upper managers (district, regional) are sharks. Customers aren't that great either. It's just like high school.

Act like your managers and not high schoolers. This is my job. My life does not revolve around a job that gives me less than 20 hours a week.

Great people, questionable beliefs...

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

overall, really great employees and great benefits

Cons

treat employees like cattle and pay them far less than they are worth. non-salaried managers get paid half-time for over-time in most states.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!