There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Not so great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere, the people that I worked with were all around the same age and had a lot in common. We had fun working together.

Cons

No recognition for work well done, no possibility of raise. There were quotas to fill in regards to the amount of people we had hired in each ethnic group, and qualified applicants were turned down because they were not the right skin color.

2170 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely campus, casual dress code. It feels more like a college campus than anything. The compensation and benefits are substantial, especially as a starter job, but honestly aren't enough for the BS they ask of you. I have a great rapport with my coworkers, but upper level management is a joke. If you can stand the place and fake your way long enough, you move up fairly quickly.

Cons

Very low work/life balance, zero to none creative freedom, ridiculous office politics and a "big brother" type HR department. You feel as if every move is being scrutinized, which is a joke considering how asinine the company has become in recent years. They BLAST the god-awful soundtrack in work spaces, and you hear the same 30 songs, multiple times, all day, every day, for months on end. You are required to buy the clothes, and look and act the part of an Abercrombie employee (which is to say, young, attractive, popular, etc). You are not allowed to wear black or purple, and the CEO is honestly delusional. The company will spend itself to death if it doesn't kick him out soon and replace him with someone with a fresher vision. The chain of command is inefficient- too many non-creatives have a say in the finished product and doesn't allow for any creative growth. Literally every season looks the exact same as the last. They require you to sign a 3 year contract upon being hired that, if you leave prior, kills you with penalty fees (paying back something like $9000 in bonuses and relocation costs).

Ditch the CEO, allow the departments to work independently of each other.

Do not work here unless you are absolutly desperate for a job. Worst experience ever. DISCRIMINATORY.

Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager  in  Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Looks good on a resume, managerial experience helped me get my current corporate job.

Cons

Poor work life balance, office politics and management play favorites, IMAGE BASED company (I was told I needed to lose ten pounds oh and i'm a size 6...). No room for growth, unprofessional work environment. Company is going down fast, stores closing, lack of creative and corporate growth. In order to succeed at this company you have to recruit associates based 100% upon their appearances. Associates that are not as attractive are encouraged to be members of the Impact Team this team does most of it's work in the back stock room. The company is not doing well domestically however they are doing well internationally. Lots of empty promises, don't believe anything upper management tells you, their only goal is to keep you at the store level, promises of home offices and promotions are a joke.

Stop playing office politics and favorites. Be professional, this is not high school it is suppose to be a work environment. Promote staff that deserves it instead of keeping them in stores because you are too lazy and complacent to bring in new management. Stop lying to your staff about things you plan on doing when in fact you have no intentions of doing it. Oh and of course stop judging people based on their appearances.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!