Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com

2027 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Don't work here unless you want to be treated horribly!

Impact Team Member (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Pros- You are always paid on time

- There is different music played downstairs in Impact than upstairs. Trust me, the music upstairs will drive you insane after a 5 hour shift.

- Not a difficult job, super easy

Cons- The managers are rude and immature. They always had a negative attitude and took it out on all the workers.

- Shift communication is horrible! The website and what the managers tell you on the phone are completely different. Often the site was wrong and I would come into work only to be told that I wasn't on call. If I called ahead of time for my shifts that week, they would tell me the wrong days. FYI If a manager calls to say you don't have to work that day...expect another call on the day of your shift yelling at you for not showing up.

- During closing, the doors outside AND inside are locked. You CANNOT leave unless a manager "walks you out" this is to prevent stealing. Unfortunately, the managers "never have time" to walk you out. I went up to one manager and asked if I could get a walk out and she glared at me to say she was "too busy". Then she continued to stand there and gossip with the other workers. It takes at least 15-45 minutes to even get a walk out (this is super fun when you've already spent 5 hours at work)

- If you have the closing shift, you have to stay really late until all the clothes are folded and brought
upstairs ( this is pointless because the over night team just re-folds them anyways)

- You are stuck in a basement for five hours mindlessly folding clothes...enough said.

Advice to Senior Management- You need to learn how to communicate with each other. Often when I got a call from one manager telling me not to come in, another manager on the day of the shift would yell at me for not coming in.
- Act professional, you're attitude is not appreciated
- Do a walk out within a reasonable amount of time an employee requests

Chill, good for a part-time job but has it's drawbacks that you must learn to deal with

Impact Team Member (Current Employee)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros: Lots of interesting people that will be around your age if you're a college aged student. Most of the time they will be cool… Cons: The pay is awful, and raises only happen like once a year and in my experience they weren't really given to ones who deserved it.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop giving regional positions to unqualified personnel. My DM went to school for fashion or some garbage, and thus is terrible at actually managing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Abercrombie Impact Team

Impact Team Member (Former Employee) Littleton, CO

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for less than a year

Pros: I got hands on experience organizing inventory and learning how… Cons: Very strict dress code and image the company is trying to… Advice to Senior Management: Develop more hands on training with new employees and better prepare them for their shifts. Also hire… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Abercrombie & Fitch.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!