There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Model in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Model in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my coworkers! We all get a long really well and our managers are super easy to get a long with

Cons

Th only con I can think of is the pay. You will not make more then Minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Offer commission, you will get better customer service out of your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was ok.

Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member/Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super flexible Half the managers don't care what you do. A lot of the managers are awesome people Your co-workers are awesome. The pay was okay if you're in high school The 30% discount at A&F and 20% discount at Hollister and Gilly Hicks

Cons

The manager who took EVERYTHING too seriously that even the other managers hated her. The customers are annoying and a lot of them, (this is really more of a problem in NYC), don't speak good enough English. So with the loud, deafening music and the fact that they don't speak English, a lot of them won't listen to you. The smell The fact that they would fire people who aren't "sexy" and will find every excuse to fire them (so if you're curvy, tread carefully or make nice to the managers)

2. Awesome people; horrible hours.

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

The people I have met at work are awesome. You are guaranteed to get along with your co-workers and even make a few close friends from working here. The scheduling is really flexible, which is awesome for full time students. Also, if you're working impact, you almost always have something to do, so you're not bored standing around greeting people all day.

Cons

Wow. If it weren't for the HORRIBLE hours (I'm talking 4 hrs/week. Yes, you read it right. FOUR HOURS PER WEEK) and "call-in" shifts, I would not be looking for another job right now. Typically you will only get one "real" shift and two call-in shifts per week (anywhere from 4-8 hours each). Call-in shifts are where you have to call the store an hour before your scheduled shift and ask if they need you to work. 99% of the time they don't need you. Why is this bad? Well it completely ruins your day because you wait around all day wondering if you'll have to work or not and you have to plan your whole day around the possible shift you may or may not have to go to.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people.