Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com

2023 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great place straight out of college; expect to work a random schedule and a lot of weekends

Store Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat coworkers who are also young and active. Great training program to integrate you easily. Get a lot of responsibility -- managing stores with minimum of 80 part-time associates, developing schedules, organizing shipment/stockroom. If you work hard, have a positive and outgoing attitude, then you can get promoted very quickly and they only promote at store level from within. Also have awesome opportunities to travel abroad. Amazing medical and vacation benefits that begin almost immediately, but the pay is not quite as competitive as other competing small retailers.

ConsSchedules are rarely predictable and you will often work weekends especially during your first 6-8 months. Long hours on your feet, dark lighting especially in Hollister stores. The company is very detail oriented which is great, but also leaves very little room for any creativity or individual recognition. Very stringent store expectations, difficult to always follow and upper management can be very unforgiving.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hold your managers to extreme goals that feel overwhelming or unobtainable. Be realistic and be positive. Give praise and support. Be honest -- don't lead managers to believe they will get promoted if you've already decided they have no opportunities for movement anymore.

Mixed Feeling about a Failing Retailer

Store Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I have worked for the Abercrombie & Fitch Company for four years now, both as a part time associate and at the management level. -The stores… Cons: -A&F has a tendency to harbor shady management on all levels of the company. The turnover rate for management is absolutely incredible, and 90% of… More

Really demeaning

Floor Model (Current Employee)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros: Great group of upbeat workers Cons: Seemed to criticize customers a lot No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Abercrombie & Fitch.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!