Abercrombie & Fitch

www.abercrombie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Awesome experience in the beginning, went downhill quickly.

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent management training. Health benefits were awesome. Paid vacation accumulates as soon as you start, given 5 sick days every fiscal year, and accumulate 3 personal days every fiscal year as well. The people you work with are awesome (for the most part). Rapid promotions, paid relocation, and international opportunities. Great discount across all A&F brands.

Cons

Poor work life balance, poor support from upper management depending on the district/region you're in. Upper management is young and extremely unprofessional (cursed out by my district manager when I gave my resignation). Company and upper management are very image oriented. There was a lot of pressure for your staff to have "the right look." Pay was horrendous. Base pay for management (regardless of experience) is $28,000. Store Management base pay is $33,000 depending on the city or region you live in it could be more based on the cost of living, in that case could be as much as $36,000. Typically only get a $1000 increase if you get promoted to other stores after that, even if they're higher volume locations. Lucky to top off at $40,000 even if you worked for the company for 4 years.

To keep stores management teams career oriented, upper management (ie DM's) need to maintain a professional relationship, image, and demeanor at all times around their subordinates. The day my DM started telling me about her personal life in terms of who she slept around with, how much she drank the night before, or how crazy she got at her DM retreat was the day I didn't feel like this was a career anymore, I felt like I was just "working in a mall" and not running a multimillion dollar business with endless career opportunities.

2429 Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch (View Most Recent)

honesty is not a priority

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch

Pros

great training for managers in training

Cons

misleading management styles; visits from regionals are staged so they don't see true opportunities.

Good learning experience for someone who hasn't had a job

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Because most of the people working there are real models and need to go to casting calls, they offer a really flexible schedule. Most of the managers are really sweet, too. I got paid a dollar over minimum wage.

Cons

You only get a 30% discount on clothes and I worked on the flagship store on Fifth Avenue and there was always a line around the block to get in, so it was always busy. They also have a very strict dress code. They sometimes make you stay late. Call-ins are annoying.

Ease off the dress code and listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch