Aberdeen Group

There are newer employer reviews for Aberdeen Group

Looking for other opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that work here (not the management)

Cons

How much time you got?

At least two more years till this place is functional if Harte-Hanks doesn't dump it first.

Top sales performers do not make Top Managers. There are some good people here who are wasting their talents promote the right ones. Get a new GM

45 Other Employee Reviews for Aberdeen Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to manage work/home balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time

Pros

Great people to work with...this is the biggest benefit
    A culture open to change. As with all analyst firms, change is constant. Here, you can take advantage of it. Management will let anyone step up and then reward them.
    Great ability to move up if you show the willingness to take risks

Cons

Still a little muddled in its relationship to Harte-Hanks, but getting better
    Still trying to live down the reputation it got from 2004-2007....both internally and externally. Things have only gotten better. Management willing to shut things down that aren't working.

Continue pushing the change that is needed. Don't avoid the sacred cows.

Lots of transition, but lots of opportunity - fast-paced with committed Management team

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management has been upping their level of communication with the larger pool of employees, especially in the areas of communicating their strategic objectives for the year as well as developing plans and communicating how we are going to tackle these objectives. It's been consistent and to me has made a big change in the day-to-day vibe around the office. We all know what we are expected to contribute and what's needed - I like the clarity of direction and the transparency.

Cons

Transition is good and bad - I personally am motivated by it - to me, it means opportunity. However, there's been turnover in Sales that has been caused by this transition (as our business objectives have changed and we've started selling different mixes of products to the market and redefined who we are). If you aren't comfortable in an environment that's fluid - this might not be the place for you - but I really like the changes I've seen - so I'm staying put.

Keep up the communication - it's fostering the development of a better culture and a better place to work day-to-day.

There are newer employer reviews for Aberdeen Group