Aberdeen Group

www.aberdeen.com

Don't work for this company

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsRecognition of brand name in the market place.

ConsAs an analyst, you're required to complete 8 research studies every year and achieve a personal revenue target of 950K. The revenue primarily (~70%) is from sponsorships that ranges from 15-25K. Do the math! An analyst is required to sell these many sponsorships.

Work hours are long and bad.

Turnover is amazing. In the good times - 2003-2007 - it was in excess of 65%.

Promotions - you would have to discuss it directly with the President. After the discussion, it will take about 2-4 months. Salary increment will be minimal. Management answer - our parent company doesn't allow it, which is completely false.

As an analyst, you will be working 80 hrs a week with poor internal structure. More than 50% of your job is SALES and support the sales team.

In mid 2009 - they let-go several analysts, directors, associates. The termination was a horrible process - pack your bags, go out, and receive exactly 2 weeks of severance.

Stress - My hypothesis is that the stress/reward ratio of Aberdeen would be the highest in Corporate America

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect. Don't view an analyst as a 950K number

For those who want to work- come work -those who dont - dont come

I have been working at Aberdeen Group

Pros: ability to work hard; chance to set your pace; build… Cons: monthly sales accountability; lots of change; some passive aggressive patterns… Advice to Senior Management: praise your employers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A "New" Company and Improving Every Day

I have been working at Aberdeen Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not the "old" Aberdeen -- this company knows what it is, where it is going, and it has the plans to get there Value the self-starter/motivated… Cons: Significant turnover for several months created some unease among employees. Much of the turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Keep headed in this direction. Keep the communication channels open. Management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Aberdeen Group.

Worked for Aberdeen Group? Contribute to the Community!