Overall good learning experience, you have to be really passionate about the field to put the time in for advancement.

Former Employee - Life Skills Instructor  in  Mount Kisco, NY
Former Employee - Life Skills Instructor in Mount Kisco, NY

I worked at Ability Beyond Disability

Pros

The consumers, or clients are the best.

Cons

The staff has their attitudes and interferes with you doing your job pleasantly. Too much gossip and drama within the company.

Learn to value your employees more, it is not an easy job. A little more recognition and incentive would go a long way if people got off their high horse. Remember at one point you were new too.

Other Reviews for Ability Beyond Disability

I was appalled by how little the people who work directly with clients are paid.

Former Employee - Direct Care Staff/Life Skills Instructor  in  Bethel, CT
    Former Employee - Direct Care Staff/Life Skills Instructor in Bethel, CT

I worked at Ability Beyond Disability

Pros

It provides high quality service to clients.

Cons

The average salary at Ability Beyond Disability is 49,000 a year. It's direct care staff and life skills instructors, the underbelly of this company and the ones who work one on one with the clients teaching them life skills, toileting and showering them, dealing with sometimes violent and inappropriate behaviors, driving them around, and staying up for all night shifts with no sleep, are offered a whopping 10- 12 dollars an hour. This company makes me sick. While the administrators make ample salaries while they sit at their desks preaching about the high quality of care (there does seems to be a high quality of care for clients, I will say that), the people doing the real work are staying up all night, bathing and toileting people for an outrageously low sum. And they recruit aggressively for these jobs, but never mention the pay.

Pay your essentially staff a respectable sum.

Its an okay organization but...

I have been working at Ability Beyond Disability

Pros

There is room to grow but its not worth it

Cons

everything there is no corporate organization in this place

There are newer employer reviews for Ability Beyond Disability.

Worked for Ability Beyond Disability? Contribute to the Community!