Abrazo Health Care

There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care

Downward Spiral

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with direclty are friendly, team oriented and great to work with.

Cons

The upper managment (local and from Vanguard) consistently make poor decisions, let their good workers go and actually promote the horrible ones. It sounds unrealistic, but I have seen it way too many times where they promote someone because of who they are (ex. a friend or someone's daughter) instead of their capabilities.
They have not given out raises for several years now. (2012)

ASk the people who actually do the job rather than someone 3 levels up about the work. They have no idea what we are doing in detail and realize that we got here though experience and we are not all easily replacable.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Abrazo Health Care (View Most Recent)

Mixed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Health Care

Pros

Abrazo offered advancement opportunties if you were willing to be pushy and continually pushed toward senior management. Despite the attitude of the market, the rank and file employees of Abrazo are committed to safety and quality care.

Cons

Senior Management is flat out inept. They are paralyzed by data and refuse to make decisions, in effect limiting their ability to do they things they need to do to compete in the market. They are too focused on the day to day to realize they must change now for the future.

A change is needed. A true leader that encompasses the balance between strategy and action, between decision making and having alll the data. New leadership is needed.

Friendly, professional hospital which truly cares about there patients

Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care

Pros

Great Compa ny to work for. They consistently promote from within and are very forward thinking company in regards new technology and recruitment. There hospitals are one of the best in AZ, short wait times, great staff and very freindly to patients.

Cons

Has issues establishing their Corporate name Abrazo here in AZ. Vanguard aquired several currently operating hospitals in the Valley which already had established names. When the were aquired Abrazo added their corp name to each hospital such as Abrazo PV Hospital. Now after two years still the brand hasn't caught on.

Keeping pushing the brand name to the Valley. Sponsor local events to promote brand to valley....

There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care