There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care

Coworkers are the Best

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Goodyear, AZ
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the coworkers on my unit. There is a true sense of teamwork and a desire to provide great patient care amongst the core staff.

Cons

Staffing problems and lack of some basic necessities to do our jobs make this hospital an incredibly difficult place to work at times. Nursing is a hard job to begin with, and when we lack the tools we need, or the staff we need, to ensure patient safety and satisfaction it is extremely frustrating.

Quit spending the thousands of dollars on outside consultants and programs in order to change this organization from the outside and dedicate the money and time to staffing, maintaining core values, establishing consistent policy, placing patient safety above all else, and to providing and maintaining the basic supplies needed to perform safe and competent patient care. You have some stellar employees here. Help us do our jobs.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Abrazo Health Care (View Most Recent)

Downward Spiral

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with direclty are friendly, team oriented and great to work with.

Cons

The upper managment (local and from Vanguard) consistently make poor decisions, let their good workers go and actually promote the horrible ones. It sounds unrealistic, but I have seen it way too many times where they promote someone because of who they are (ex. a friend or someone's daughter) instead of their capabilities.
    They have not given out raises for several years now. (2012)

ASk the people who actually do the job rather than someone 3 levels up about the work. They have no idea what we are doing in detail and realize that we got here though experience and we are not all easily replacable.

Mixed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Health Care

Pros

Abrazo offered advancement opportunties if you were willing to be pushy and continually pushed toward senior management. Despite the attitude of the market, the rank and file employees of Abrazo are committed to safety and quality care.

Cons

Senior Management is flat out inept. They are paralyzed by data and refuse to make decisions, in effect limiting their ability to do they things they need to do to compete in the market. They are too focused on the day to day to realize they must change now for the future.

A change is needed. A true leader that encompasses the balance between strategy and action, between decision making and having alll the data. New leadership is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care

Worked for Abrazo Health Care? Contribute to the Community!