There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care

Integration of staff and administration

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Abrazo Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most all of the administrators are willing to teach incoming staff. Almost always have needed equipment to do the job. Work environment was pleasant and staff cooperative when approached by someone to review a area where improvement was needed.

Cons

Too often there was not the correct matrix of staff to complete the amount of work that needed to be done. When this happens, discontent tends to grow, leading to unhappy employess, and not a desire to be on their best game every day---leads to not as many good outcomes all around--in patient care, in adminitration, all around the facility.
Too much turnover of employees, unable to maintain a cohesive staff when employees do not feel valued, and look for other places to work.

If staff is valued by acknowledgement of not only poor performance, but good performence. it makes an individual strive to do their best. If people are aware of WHY there needs to be compliance in certain specific area, there is a better chance of cooperation.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Abrazo Health Care (View Most Recent)

Here 5 years and happy!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The coworkers and staff are great- a very talented group of people. I have been in the organization 5 years and had great opportunities to learn and grow professionally and personally.

Cons

A previous bad reputation continues to follow us, though many of those things have been changed. Abrazo's future is very bright- there are lots of good things happening here!

Coworkers are the Best

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Abrazo Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the coworkers on my unit. There is a true sense of teamwork and a desire to provide great patient care amongst the core staff.

Cons

Staffing problems and lack of some basic necessities to do our jobs make this hospital an incredibly difficult place to work at times. Nursing is a hard job to begin with, and when we lack the tools we need, or the staff we need, to ensure patient safety and satisfaction it is extremely frustrating.

Quit spending the thousands of dollars on outside consultants and programs in order to change this organization from the outside and dedicate the money and time to staffing, maintaining core values, establishing consistent policy, placing patient safety above all else, and to providing and maintaining the basic supplies needed to perform safe and competent patient care. You have some stellar employees here. Help us do our jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Abrazo Health Care

Worked for Abrazo Health Care? Contribute to the Community!